Ibs or stomach bug? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Ibs or stomach bug?

Ibs d Loose stool Imodium Road trip Traveling

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RaeZB

RaeZB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

Advertisement
Hello! First time posting, need some opinions on what to do. Have been to the GI doctor previously, no allergies, she told me I needed to see a therapist because it's all due to anxiety. Have been taking Imodium frequently, it helps me when I have to work/drive. Also on Prozac and xanax for anxiety issues. I have a out of town wedding and am supposed to leave tonight. *sorry for TMI* I have had loose stools for 3 days, not sure if it's a flare up or stomach bug. Practically impossible to hold in, yellow in color, no nausea as of now, no fever. Just stomach cramping and the loose stool. Should I just take Imodium? Any suggestions on what to do? How to get through the weekend without being stuck in the bathroom? I just want to enjoy my mini vacation! Appreciate any responses
  • ♧Pandora☆ likes this

#2 ♧Pandora☆

♧Pandora☆

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

Hello, Could be anything from stress, to gallstones, parasite, medication, or celiac disease etc il send you a useful link. Treatment will depend on root cause.
You would be better seeing a gp asap.

#3 RaeZB

RaeZB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:48 AM

Thank you pandora. I will be calling a GI when I get home from the weekend if it has not stopped. I'm hoping it's just from something I ate. I read the article, that helped a ton. I appreciate it

#4 ♧Pandora☆

♧Pandora☆

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

Glad it did. Sorry i cant help with what to take in the mean time maybe someone else on here can suggest better as iv never had medication.

If it is a bug, then stick to white meats and fish (plain) boiled rice, oats, sweet potatoes, cooked veg, stewed fruits. Water & herbal teas (camomile, ginger etc)

I would stay away from coffee, tea, sugar, wheat, cow products etc.
And dont take Imodium if its a bug as your body will want to rid itself of it.
Last time i had norovirus i ate as much plain food as i could and let myself be sick etc when necessary, luckily it then only lasted a day and half. It was my first day of holiday to.

#5 RaeZB

RaeZB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

I will be sticking to plain meals, hopefully my road trip won't be too rough. Thank you for the input. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ibs d, Loose stool, Imodium, Road trip, Traveling

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here