Ways to eat the littlest amount of food possible? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Ways to eat the littlest amount of food possible?

ibs-c food advice meal replacement nutrition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anaisgro

anaisgro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:51 PM

Advertisement

So it seems like most of my gut problems would subside if I didn’t have to eat anything. Pretty much any food I put into my body gives me some sort of discomfort. Of course I want to make sure I get enough calories and nutrients, but does anyone know of ways to eat the littlest amount possible. I thought of meal replacement powders and somehow making them into bars or maybe shakes or something like that. Has anyone had to do something similar? Any ideas? Thank you!! 

#2 Barney71

Barney71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

Yeah, that's how it works pretty much. You feel better when you don't, but the trick is: YOU HAVE TO EAT. I wouldn't focus on eating the littlest amount of food possible, but to eat enough to not starve your body and remain all the hormones levels intact, but yet improve your gut's functioning. Did you try any diets, like more proteins, but not dairy, unsaturated fats and some of the saturated coming from meat, eat easily absorbed carbohydrates etc? I'm sure you must have consulted with doctor, so there must be something that you feel better on. Avoiding food won't help, sorry.

• anaisgro likes this

#3 anaisgro

anaisgro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

Yeah, that's how it works pretty much. You feel better when you don't, but the trick is: YOU HAVE TO EAT. I wouldn't focus on eating the littlest amount of food possible, but to eat enough to not starve your body and remain all the hormones levels intact, but yet improve your gut's functioning. Did you try any diets, like more proteins, but not dairy, unsaturated fats and some of the saturated coming from meat, eat easily absorbed carbohydrates etc? I'm sure you must have consulted with doctor, so there must be something that you feel better on. Avoiding food won't help, sorry.

Hey, thanks for replying. Yeah, it seems I've tried nearly every diet out there for IBS. I guess I meant something like a meal replacement powder, bar, or something like that. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs-c, food, advice, meal replacement, nutrition

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here