Worried I might have colon cancer - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Worried I might have colon cancer

colon cancer ibs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TheDanimator

TheDanimator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

Advertisement

Sorry in advance for the title, I feel like it was a little extreme.
I was trying to edit it but I am not sure how.
Looking for advice...

for the last few months I have been getting a strange pressure under my lower left rib cage. It is NOT near the sternum or breastbone but more on the actual side of my body under the left rib. The pressure extends to my back sometimes also. When I am standing it is barely noticeable. When I am sitting is when it is the worse, I also feel it while laying down. If I lay on my right side its more uncomfortable.
It also seems like my ribs on that side are inflamed but the actual symptoms seem like they are stemming from under my ribs.
I am also very worried because I have been getting occasional bright blood on the toilet paper after using the bathroom usually towards the end of wiping. My rectal area seems to also itch pretty bad sometimes and it seems like
exercise triggers this and the blood.
I know I probably just need a colonoscopy done and will schedule one soon but just talking about this helps the anxiety, especially if anyone has anything similar or any advice.

I am 28 years old.
I know it most likely is not colon cancer but I am very scared still.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: colon, cancer, ibs

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here