I think that I have IBS - what do you think? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

I think that I have IBS - what do you think?

diarrhoea abdominal pain stress overwelmed help FODMAP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Camilla_B

Camilla_B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:20 AM

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I've been having diarrhoea and abdominal pains for over a year now. All this started as I took the mini pill who had a horrible effect on me - physically and mentally. I've been off it since the beginning on this year and although mentally I feel back to normal - physically it' not the same thing - and I am afraid that this pill might have done some damage to my stomach. I have frequent diarrhoea and abdominal pain. I have started to think that it might be IBS - knowing someone who has it and described what seems similar to what I have. 

I am trying to follow the FODMAP and I also do some yoga everyday. I am naturally a stressed person and some things in my personal life have lead me to be quite stressed lately. I haven't gone to a doctor yet as every time I've been to see a professional, I've been told that I am "just very stressed".

I agree that stress plays a part in my physical health but I am actually right now in a good place so I do not understand why I am still feeling unwell.

I was wondering if some of you could tell me what are your symptoms, how you deal with it and how you were diagnosed ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diarrhoea, abdominal pain, stress, overwelmed, help, FODMAP

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here