Dark/black stools - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Dark/black stools

black stools bleeding dark stools anemia

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 thataustrian

thataustrian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

Advertisement

I'm new on this forum and decided to post because no one seems to know what's going on.  I'd say from August of last year I started seeing black specks, sometimes lines, of black throughout my stool.  I told this to my GI and he ordered a colonoscopy/endoscopy to make sure there was nothing suspicious going on in those areas (also due to the fact that I was slightly anemic).  However, since then, my stools have been getting darker and I've had some black stools too.  I've also been feeling dizzy and a few days ago my GP called me back with my recent blood tests and said that I was pretty anemic and I should start taking iron (and I know it's not the iron that's causing the black because I only started taking it yesterday.)

What to do?  So far I've had:

-Colon/endoscopy

-MRI of abdomen/pelvis

-MR Enterography

-Stool/blood tests for c.diff, h.pylori, celiacs

Is this something I should be concerned about?  I want to bring it up to my GI but I'm afraid he'll say that we've already done so many tests and there's nothing much else we could do

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black, stools, bleeding, dark stools, anemia

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here