Adelaide University Student IBS Mobile Application - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Adelaide University Student IBS Mobile Application

IBS Irritable bowl syndrome Health application medical feedback support development

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lachlan.Ryan

Lachlan.Ryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:57 AM

Advertisement

Hi my name is Lachlan Ryan and I’m a student at the University of Adelaide. This semester I have signed up to participate in the Australian eChallenge. The eChallenge is a competition based learning program, where students get the chance to develop early stage entrepreneurship ideas. 

Our team, is a group of five Adelaide University students, who undertake studies in medicine, health psychology and computer sciences. There are different streams within the eChallenge, and we have signed up to the medical innovations stream. Our idea is to create a free medical application for individuals with Irritable Bowl Syndrome (IBS)

In our early stage of research and develop, we were hoping to gain some first hand feedback regarding IBS, and your personal experience with the symptoms associated to such. Along with hopefully some suggestions, to design our application to better suit you.

Our survey is divided into two parts. The first, understanding your experiences with IBS, the second, better understanding how we can design our application to suit you. If you could take the time to fill out one or both of the following surveys, your time would be greatly appreciated, and your feedback would mean the world to us!

Surveys are completely anonymous. We choose to use the survey platform Qualtrics, due to its user friendliness, popularity, data security, and as students at Adelaide University have free access to it.

The following are the two links to our survey,

Part One: http://adelaide.qual...8AL9rPKxiC6NOvP

Part Two: http://adelaide.qual...aVm7HdTgd5Uh7Rb

Thanks again for your all your feedback!

#2 Christabel

Christabel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

Hello,

I live in Adelaide and have suffered severe serious IBS for 35 years. I have just begun healing via Faecal Microbiota Transplant, which is conducted by Dr Paul Froomes in Melbourne.

As my symptoms are so bad, I need to continue self-administered FMT at home for the next few months. I desperately need a donor within a 25 minute radius of Adelaide who could provide me with a sample on a weekly basis (container and pick-up supplied.) The donor would need to be healthy and prepared to have a one blood test which my doctor will arrange. 

If you are able to help I would be extremely grateful.

Please contact me on [email protected]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, Irritable bowl syndrome, Health, application, medical, feedback, support, development

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here