Not sure what to do.. - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Not sure what to do..

IBS Diet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Holymikey

Holymikey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

Advertisement

Hey all, i'm new here so pleased to meet you all in advance.

I got diagnosed last year with IBS by my doctor, had my blood tests and they all came back clear and this all occurred after a bad night with alcohol so i eventually took some Imodium and i was better but the symptoms never cleared up fully but they were certainly more manageable.

Fast forward just over a year and i must admit, in that year i was a bit lazy and not helpful to myself with what i ate but i was careful with most stuff, i certainly cut out a lot of stuff that could cause me to have an attack and it seemed to pay off, even had fear of trying new things just in case it got me. 

I used to take Imodium only when i really had a bad day with it (not diarrhoea just pains etc and it would clear me up once it wore off and i would be fine again..

Recently i was trying to walk back from work to try to lose some weight because im not the lightest of people and i am trying to do something about it but i suddenly felt an attack coming on. This was when i took Imodium and it did it's job by resetting my system but only for a few days, and this has been the case for over 3 weeks now. I have tried gluten free foods and cutting even more out just in the beginning to see what it could be thats doing this to me but i just can't pinpoint it. I spoke to my Doctor recently and he referred me to a Dietitian because i certainly need help with foods but i am just hoping this returns back to a more manageable state ASAP.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, there are quite a few things i have tried but some that i simply haven't. 

#2 letsgo

letsgo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:35 PM

Have you tried cutting out alcohol? That's my trigger, and my ibs started after a heavy night of drinking

#3 Holymikey

Holymikey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:30 AM

To be honest, i haven't drunk it that often at all recently, so i dont think that is the problem - It certainly affected me before but that was Lager and i've now switched to Jack Daniels which is a lot easier on me. Like i said, i only drink it on occasions for work do's etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS Diet

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here