30 Years + IBS D and finally substantial success! - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

30 Years + IBS D and finally substantial success!

viberzi lialda ibs d

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pennino1

pennino1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

Advertisement

So I have never posted on any site prior to today.  I have read extensively for years across these boards and am thankful for those who have.  I am not a long winded person so I will just get to the point.  

I am a 46 year old male 5 foot 8 inches tall

I have tried everything under the sun over the past 30 years to treat my debilitating IBS D.  It has progressively gotten worse over the years to point where I was afraid to leave the house, or just so sick it wasn't even an option.  It has affected my family tremendously.  

Diets, pharmaceuticals, Chiro, Herbal, every medical test possible (some so embarrassing I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy), Mayo Clinic for two weeks, Witch doctor (seriously I think he was), functional medicine, you name it.  I've tried it.  Nothing ever had any effect of any kind.

Recently a Gastroenterologist suggested I try Viberzi and Lialda.  The Lialda is for Colitis.  Viberzi is a new medication for IBS D.  I was going on a trip so I started with the Viberzi a week before I left to see how it affected me.  I didnt want to make anything worse for my vacation.  It really didnt have much of an effect, if any at all.  I contintued to take it thoughout the next two weeks of vacation.  When I got back I started the Lialda.  I started to notice a change in my BM's.  I continued both for about another week and then figured I would stop taking the Viberzi since it didnt seem to have any affect.  I immediatly noticed that things went back to the way they were.  So I started taking both again.  

I have now been taking them both for about two months.  I can honestly say that I am at least 75% better.  Praise the Lord!!!  I consider it a miricle (so does my wife).  I have not felt this good in over 30 years.  I am not perfect by any means.  Still spend more time in the bathroom than I would like when I have to go, but what used to be 4-5 times before noon every day in extreme pain and suffering, is now one time a day without any pain or suffering.  No bleeding or swelling or anything.  Sorry I know thats gross, but it was awful.  I could barely sit down many days it hurt so bad.  

So in conclusion I would like to say that taking these in combination worked.  Taking them on their own did not.  I tried the 75mg Viberzi initially but was upgraded to the 100mg/one pill twice daily. It definitely worked better for me. I take the Lialda 1.2mg/two pills twice daily.   

At my worst I was down to 128 pounds.  Since taking these meds I have gained weight steadily (this is a good thing for me)  and am now at 145 pounds.  I should be about 155 at full health.  

I take the time to write this knowing that this may not work for everyone, but it sure has changed my life.  I am happy to answer any questions if I can.  Hope is a wonderful thing...maybe this will keep some hope out there for all who are suffering.  Just never give up trying.  

One more note...I was never diagnosed with colitis.  This new doctor just decided to try treating for it to see what would happen.  I thought that was an important point.

• Candide likes this

#2 used to be moises

used to be moises

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:57 AM

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is inspiring to know that there's always hope.

#3 Zohaib Khan

Zohaib Khan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

Its always very great to read such positive posts.. I am also a severe Ibs d patient. Very thin and underweight due to continuos diarrhea shots after every meal. To stop diarrhea I take Imodium but dont feel that its the ultimate treatment

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: viberzi, lialda, ibs d

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here