Noticed Improvement on Antibiotics - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Noticed Improvement on Antibiotics

antibiotics amoxicillin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 meager

meager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:48 PM

Advertisement

I hope I'm not posting too much.. but just wanted to share. I recently had my wisdom teeth removed, and during recovery I was prescribed Amoxicillin for a week. During the course of this time I couldn't discern an odor. I came into class late once and had to sit at the very front, surrounded by people. I didn't get the usual reactions and when I was in the car or talking to anyone, they didn't ask if I farted. I suspect the antibiotics were killing off the bad bacteria in my gut? I socialized better and noticed people weren't put off to be around me, it was great. I was also on a strict diet of eggs, oatmeal, ice cream, pudding and jello. Anywho, I'm back on my regular diet and not only can I smell the awful odor, I've had a noticeable increase in flatulence. While I was on the antibiotics, I could eat ice cream 3 times a day without detrimental effects. Now the bloating and gas has returned.

I've tried Florastor in the past several times, but now I'll try again and add ACV to the mix.

#2 meager

meager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:00 AM

After reading Pokerface's success thread, my short term improvement may have had less to do with the antibiotics and more on the fact that I was taking the maximum dosage of norco (as well as some edibles :P) and in turn just relaxed more.. just a theory.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: antibiotics, amoxicillin

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here