IBS C Questions, Icky Mucus - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS C Questions, Icky Mucus

mucus constipation IBS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sunnyc

sunnyc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

Advertisement

For two weeks I'm having what I guess is an IBS-C flair up. It started with some bad cramping and feeling like I'd been punched in the gut. I had several BMs a day, small and soft, but never D. I felt like I needed to clear myself out, so for the first time in years I took a laxative. It worked and the bathroom and I were friends for several hours the next day.

After that the C got worse, I have t horrendous gas again, and now I am scared (I have anxiety and it's sky rocketing with this) because I am just pooping mucus. I don't see blood, just white and yellow blobs,

Should I freak out or has anyone else had mucus without stools for several days during an IBS-C flair up. I have some left side pain too, but not horrible.

I feel like I need to go, but nothing is happening except liquid and/or mucus.

Yikes.

#2 alberto6666

alberto6666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 September 2017 - 04:22 AM

With me I don't get any pain at all. Some gas yes but it comes out eventually. Almost 4 months ago I began to have what you described above. Constipation and the passing of only mucus. This lasted 2 days before I called my ask a nurse on the back of my insurance card. She told me to chug 64 ounces of water so I did. I even went a step further and downed a small bottle of prune juice. I felt my insides begin to move and little by little I was able to have a bowel movement. Funny thing though, I got the clear mucus with the constipation as well. Some clear, some yellow, sometimes by itself and other times with the stool.

All I can tell you is that mine seemed to be related to diet. If I ate a slot of bread and cheese then I'd get the mucus all day into the next. It's like my bowels were backed up. But like I said I don't get the pain that everyone describes with their ibs either.

Fast forward a couple months and now I'm having more diarrhea than mucus depending on what I eat atleast I think that's what the cause is.

If it doesn't subside in a week I'd make an appointment with your doctor. Mucus in and of itself isn't life threatening but if you see blood goto the ER, they will at least do blood tests to check for anomalies like anemia etc.

More than not it probably some sort of food intolerance or mild colitis. Just keep an eye on it.

#3 sunnyc

sunnyc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

Thank you so much. I don't usually eat bread, especially white bread, and this all started when I ate a big old turkey sandwich on a white roll. On top of that, I started back to work in August and was afraid my anxiety and IBS would act up, so I starting taking two pepto bismol tabs, an antacid, and GasX pills every day before work. I've read this can really constipate me. I am going off all the OTC meds today and hoping my loads of water and Miralax will get me moving again.

Thank you again,

CS

#4 jswillard82

jswillard82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:10 AM

I seem to have mucus in my bowel movement a few times a week! I have seen a couple tiny drops of blood in the past. But very tiny. I was diagnosed three years ago with IBS. I do not have D just C sometimes. I seem to have 4-5 BM a day! Usually small and I feel like I don't finish almost every time! I have really bad gas most evenings. Gas-X seems to help some. I have pain in my left side too. Its not horrible but its almost everyday. I know part of my issue is my diet. I am cutting back on breads, cheese and wine. Some of my favorite things.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mucus, constipation, IBS

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here