IBS Pain? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS Pain?

Pain RLQ ABDOMINAL Pelvic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DottyG

DottyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:18 AM

Advertisement
When I was in my 20s, I was diagnosed with IBS-D. I took Donnatol (back when it was still available). Then, as time went on, my symptoms decreased - or maybe I just kinda got accustomed to them that I didnt really notice them? I dont know.

But, for the last couple of months, Ive had some pain in my lower, right abdomen. Like really low - almost where the leg meets the pelvis. Sometimes really bad pain, sometimes cramping pain, sometimes just twinges.

I thought it was due to a kidney stone I had. And some of it could have been related to that - the stone was stuck in the ureter on that side. But I had the stone removed 2 weeks ago, and the abdominal pain is still there.

Of course, my mind jumps to the dire diagnosis - which Googling the symptom of pelvic pain confirmed! Ovarian cancer - it must be that! But an ultrasound yesterday showed nothing female- related. (Whew!)

So Im thinking it must be colon related now. But what? Diverticulitis? IBS? I really dont want to go to yet another doctor. And I sure cant spend any more time or money on more tests.

But wouldnt the CT scans I had for the stone have shown an actual structural problem with the colon? Or rule out diverticulitis? So were back to IBS. I have had some stress lately - kidney stone surgery, worries about a family member, etc. So that would exacerbate IBS.

Remind me where the pain with IBS could be. Could it be in the lower, right side of the abdomen? What else would I expect to experience? Its been a while since Ive had a flare up of it, so now Im not sure.

Any advice on what to do or anything from yall?

#2 widgetr63

widgetr63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:10 AM

Mine is in abdomen area

#3 DottyG

DottyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

Mine is in abdomen area

Where in the abdomen, though?  High up?  Really low?  Left side?  Right side?

Is it possible to have IBS pain really low in the right side?  I can't remember now what I was experiencing back the last time things were bad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pain, RLQ, ABDOMINAL, Pelvic

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here