My aunt has IBS and I am looking for advice to help her? Any thing I should know? - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

My aunt has IBS and I am looking for advice to help her? Any thing I should know?

IBS Family Aunt Upset Stomach Diarrhea Flatulence

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AdamMieses

AdamMieses

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:47 PM

Advertisement
Hi everyone my name is Adam Mieses and not to long ago I just made an account to get advice. I am not a sufferer of IBS but however I know some one very close and important in my life that does my aunt. I will be moving in with her along with my brothers and sisters because personal issues with both my parents. From what I learned from my paternal grandmother all her life she has has stomach problems but it was about when she was just 11 it got a lot worse that was also around the time my paternal grandfather died. She is 31 and this is her "20th anniversary" of suffering from it. I should also note that she has Aspergers(high functioning married, stay at home mom although her job can be done at home, 2 kids like anyone else pretty much.) My grandmother told me that people with Aspergers are more likely to have stomach problems but it looks much more than that to me. I remember younger she would complain constantly about her stomach cramping and getting upset and being the concerned nephew I was/still am I wanted to help. Or another time was she was in the bathroom for half an hour and I was so worried my uncle(her husband) told me to not bother her and she is "okay". I am 17 and a senior in high school I am a dedicated theater and sport major and sometimes when stuff like this happens I am pretty sure I will debate whether stay for practices and rehearsals or just skip them to just in case something really bad happens. I have noted down from what I have viewed but please let me know if there is anything else I should know don't hesitate to tell me thank you so much.

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9193 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:07 AM

Hi

how kind and caring of you to want to help out your aunt--that's wonderful!  so sorry she is suffering with ibs-d.

does she have a good gastroenterologist to help her manage this?  there are medications available for ibs-d.

hopefully you'll get some answers to your post here but in the meantime if you haven't already done so, you might want to check out the diarrhea board---especially the two pinned threads.  a number of people have found relief by taking calcium.

http://www.ibsgroup....diarrhea-ibs-d/

http://www.ibsgroup....s-calcium-info/

wishing you and your aunt all the best.

• Diana63 and AdamMieses like this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 AdamMieses

AdamMieses

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

Hello annie7 I appreciate the kind comments she does go to one but I do not know any of that information and she does take Imodium which she has told me it works and does not work. In a bit I will check those links. Hope you have a good day and keep your head up high :).
  • annie7 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, Family, Aunt, Upset Stomach, Diarrhea, Flatulence

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here