Site may contain malicious script/code - Page 2 - Website Help - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Site may contain malicious script/code

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:11 AM

thanks.  you sure do know a lot about computers. 

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#22 sjw596

sjw596

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:50 PM

Thanks for the compliment!  As it so happens, I retired about a year ago after serving the last 14 years of my professional career as a computer forensics scientist in law enforcement.  I'm not, however, a web developer or programmer.  I'm sure your host, VerticalScope, is and can detect the bug and harden the site to avoid recurrence.  (Now, if only I were an expert in CIC smile.png )

• flossy and Candide like this

#23 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

oh wow--that's impressive.  no wonder you know a lot about computers.   smile.png   

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#24 The Community Managers

The Community Managers

The Community Managers

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for the compliment!  As it so happens, I retired about a year ago after serving the last 14 years of my professional career as a computer forensics scientist in law enforcement.  I'm not, however, a web developer or programmer.  I'm sure your host, VerticalScope, is and can detect the bug and harden the site to avoid recurrence.  (Now, if only I were an expert in CIC smile.png )

I send these up to our techs at VerticalScope but more often than not, these issues don't show up or we're not looking at where the source of the issue is because we can't find it. 

if it's easy to replicate on our end, it makes it easier to remove the issue. 

Lee

#25 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

thanks, Lee.  i do hope your techs can somehow fix it. 

• The Community Managers likes this

#26 The Community Managers

The Community Managers

The Community Managers

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

we are working on adding SSLs to the site but I don't have an ETA on when that is happening. and it's not that we don't want that to happen anytime sooner, we have over 1k sites and would like to mass deploy them without breaking any or too many. 

lee

• flossy likes this

#27 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

thanks, Lee--appreciate it!  and thanks for keeping us updated..smile.png

• flossy likes this

#28 The Community Managers

The Community Managers

The Community Managers

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:00 PM

have you guys been getting any malware issues recently? also, I'm wondering about that warning that some of you received. What URL was it? 

Lee

#29 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

Hi Lee

thanks for checking in smile.png

thanks, no, i haven't been having any malware issues.  the only time i saw that pop up was in june--nothing since then for me. 

#30 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:38 PM

I got the same thing several times using Chrome. I did a Malewarebytes scan afterwards, I'm not infected either.

Screen shot:

aVeC9Qz.jpg

Just wanted to say I got the same thing tonight (11/29/2017), but without the red warning part.

#31 sjw596

sjw596

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:52 PM

Flossy, this is a script or code issue on the site and not something that Malwarebytes or any AV will pick up necessarily.  Your web needs to devote more (some) energy toward hardening the site.  It's not reasonable to pay for web hosting if these errant scripts, etc., are allowed to persist. 

• annie7 and flossy like this

#32 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:32 AM

It happened again this morning:

nylpwET.jpg

• annie7 likes this

#33 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:34 AM

oh no!  sorry to hear this but thanks for the update.

i just emailed my contacts at verticalscope about this. hopefully something can be done. 

i'll report back if i hear anything from them or maybe they'll post on here about it. 

• flossy likes this

#34 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:07 PM

It's been this long, I really don't think they know or it would be fixed by now.

At least nothing really bad has happened because of it - at least for now (roll the horror music). ph34r.png ohmy.png ph34r.png biggrin.png

• annie7 likes this

#35 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:12 PM

i agree with you.

it's good that SO FAR  nothing bad has happened but, yes,  it worries me.....ph34r.png ohmy.png ph34r.png .  it really should be fixed, IMO.   it's just not good that this keeps happening.

#36 The Community Managers

The Community Managers

The Community Managers

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for reporting this. I'll send this to our ad manager to see if he knows anything about this. I hope everyone is just closing this tab as soon as they have collected the information on that page. 

The redirect itself is essentially harmless, your browser has enough protection to prevent you from opening any downloads but its usually the users action's on what they do next that might cause a problem. Just don't follow on the instructions in that read page, if you google that number you'll hear a lot of people on the internet saying that it's a scam. 

These 'toll free call centers' are designed to phish your money and personal information. 

@flossy, do you have the URL/webpage link to the redirect? Or x0z01i0001.info the URL? 

Let me know

Lee

• annie7 likes this

#37 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

thanks, Lee!  i really appreciate your information and help.  

#38 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for reporting this. I'll send this to our ad manager to see if he knows anything about this. I hope everyone is just closing this tab as soon as they have collected the information on that page. 

The redirect itself is essentially harmless, your browser has enough protection to prevent you from opening any downloads but its usually the users action's on what they do next that might cause a problem. Just don't follow on the instructions in that read page, if you google that number you'll hear a lot of people on the internet saying that it's a scam. 

These 'toll free call centers' are designed to phish your money and personal information. 

@flossy, do you have the URL/webpage link to the redirect? Or x0z01i0001.info the URL? 

Let me know

Lee

I did have it but cropped the picture to post it here and that part got cut off, so no, I don't have it anymore. I'm sorry!

#39 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:55 AM

Let me know

Lee

It just happened again today, here is the link (note: don't click on it):

http://0ba2131290038...

bSy1TQe.jpg

#40 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:02 AM

oh no--not again.  thanks, flossy. i'll email my contact at vertical scope again.  wish this would quit happening.

it's probably not a good thing to click on that link you posted, right?

• The Community Managers likes this

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here