Site may contain malicious script/code - Page 3 - Website Help - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Site may contain malicious script/code

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:06 AM

oh no--not again.  thanks, flossy. i'll email my contact at vertical scope again.  wish this would quit happening.

it's probably not a good thing to click on that link you posted, right?

Yes, don't click on it. But they asked for it so I included it. I'll edit my post if I can and say don't click on it.

I've seen these before. Sometimes you can click on them and they'll go off your page and that is that, but sometimes you have to shut down your computer (or phone) and boot it back up.

This one? I just clicked on it and it went right off, no problem. Did so a few times.

#42 The Community Managers

The Community Managers

The Community Managers

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:14 AM

H

It just happened again today, here is the link (note: don't click on it):

http://0ba2131290038...

bSy1TQe.jpg

Hey there,

what page were you previously on when you were redirected?

Lee

#43 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10529 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:14 AM

thanks. i accidentally  clicked on it (i clicked on the wrong link in the email notice that  i got on this post, since i'm following it) and then to my horror, the pop up popped up on my computer screen and a voice started talking to be about an internet security risk.  

now i'm worried my computer has been compromised and it's going to blow up or something.  ohmy.png

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#44 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:46 AM

H
Hey there,

what page were you previously on when you were redirected?

Lee

Lee - I was on this page:

http://www.ibsgroup....appened-to-you/

#45 The Community Managers

The Community Managers

The Community Managers

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

so do you always get this issue when you're going to this area?

Lee

#46 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

so do you always get this issue when you're going to this area?

Lee

No, just a couple times a month on various areas on this site.

I believe "sjw596" - who originally posted the issue here ("site may contain malicious script code"), has a good idea what is happening by his posts about it on this thread.

He also said (copied and pasted), " As it so happens, I retired about a year ago after serving the last 14 years of my professional career as a computer forensics scientist in law enforcement." (etc., etc.)

#47 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2133 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

thanks. i accidentally  clicked on it (i clicked on the wrong link in the email notice that  i got on this post, since i'm following it) and then to my horror, the pop up popped up on my computer screen and a voice started talking to be about an internet security risk.  

now i'm worried my computer has been compromised and it's going to blow up or something.  ohmy.png

Sorry, Annie, I should have posted "Don't click on it" when I originally posted it. 

I wouldn't worry about it, I ran a virus scan and got nothing. Also, like I said before, the bad ones? You gotta turn your computer off (or phone) to get rid of it. This one just clicks off... at least so far (roll out the horror music! ohmy.png )

#48 SixPax

SixPax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

Just had the same thing happen to me today and I made an account just so I could post this. I'm pretty tech savvy and did some digging on the source code of the site.

**Don't click this link**

The file here www.ibsgroup.org/forums/cometchat/cometchatjs.php

looks extremely suspect to me. There is some obfuscated code in here that is typical of JS malware injection attacks. There are potentially more infected files on your site. I would recommend you guys do a thorough security check/scrubbing of your site by a professional.

The fact that you guys have been infected for months is troubling.

Eventually Google will simply mark the site as malicious or delist it from search results if action isn't taken which I'm sure you guys don't want.

• annie7 and flossy like this

#49 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10529 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:25 PM

thanks for your input.  i notified my contact at verticalscope about it and sent her a link to your post.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#50 The Community Managers

The Community Managers

The Community Managers

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

Just had the same thing happen to me today and I made an account just so I could post this. I'm pretty tech savvy and did some digging on the source code of the site.

**Don't click this link**

The file here www.ibsgroup.org/forums/cometchat/cometchatjs.php

looks extremely suspect to me. There is some obfuscated code in here that is typical of JS malware injection attacks. There are potentially more infected files on your site. I would recommend you guys do a thorough security check/scrubbing of your site by a professional.

The fact that you guys have been infected for months is troubling.

Eventually Google will simply mark the site as malicious or delist it from search results if action isn't taken which I'm sure you guys don't want.

Where did you find this? 

Lee

#51 SixPax

SixPax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:55 PM

Where did you find this? 

Lee

That file is referenced in the source code of every page on the site right near the top so I took a look at the php file and it looks fishy.

• annie7 and flossy like this

#52 sjw596

sjw596

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

...There are potentially more infected files on your site. I would recommend you guys do a thorough security check/scrubbing of your site by a professional.

The fact that you guys have been infected for months is troubling.  Eventually Google will simply mark the site as malicious or delist it from search results if action isn't taken which I'm sure you guys don't want.

I agree entirely.  When I ran my website I was exploited several times.  Verticalscope should have its own in-house experts, provided that they want to take the time to audit their clients' sites.  Regardless, I used a tool named GOTMLS, http://gotmls.net/, as a plugin to my WordPress site and found it best among several, although WordFence is good.The former is free, but a small "donation" adds some functionality.  I cleaned up the site in about 15 minutes. I then had to wait for quite some time before Google removed my site from its blacklist.  Yes, you want to avoid that from the onset.

• flossy likes this

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here