A solution! - Abdominal Pain - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

A solution!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LMDMASS23

LMDMASS23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I wanted to write on here because I know how frustrating it can be to have constant abdo pain and discomfort with no sign of it ever letting up.

From February to September of this year, I had daily abdominal discomfort, diarrhea, loose stools, cramps, ect. You name it, I probably had it. I also have severe OCD and anxiety on top of it. I spent almost every day googling symptoms, trying to reassure myself that I would be OK and that I didn't have something terrible....we all know what I'm talking about.

I made countless doctor's appointments, but never got an answer and they refused to do a colonoscopy. I was depressed, obsessed, miserable, and I honestly couldn't plan ahead or get excited about anything because in the back of my head I always thought "well what if I have something and I'm not here." I am 30 years old by the way.

I came on this website constantly seeking advice and was just hoping to see people with my symptoms. I would have days were I was convinced I was dying, and then days I laughed it off. It was miserable.

Here's how it went away(it's been gone for about a month and a half now.)

I got a job....that's all. I know some of you already have jobs and you're thinking "great advice wise guy." But, I was an unemployed grad student with too much time on his hands. I then landed a job as a teacher and athletic director, and I had literally no time to stress about my stomach anymore. I was so busy I couldn't think, and all of a sudden, I was at school one day and thought to myself, "woah, I haven't thought about my stomach all day, it's not bothering me." And just like that, it was legit gone. 7 months of everyday stomach pain, gone, because I was too busy to worry about it.

My point is this: if you are like me, and you worry, worry, worry. Try to stop worrying. It's easier said than done. But I honestly think my stomach issues came from my constant anxiety and thinking about it. The brain is a powerful thing. Literally everything is back to normal now....everything.

So, stay busy, stop worrying, and I promise you it will help.

Good luck!

• Candide and acrylic0528 like this

#2 AquaGuy

AquaGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:13 PM

The brain can create things or take them away. It has a lot more power and most people realize. Hypnotherapy is built on that foundation pretty much.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here