Anxiety vs IBS - Mental Health - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Anxiety vs IBS

Ibs ibs-d anxiety

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KristenB99

KristenB99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:13 PM

Advertisement

Hi! 

So I was very recently diagnosed with IBS-d/a, and I've had GAD for a long time now. I have phobias of being sick as well as vomit, and when I have a bad day, no matter how much I tell myself its just my IBS acting up I still have issues with getting anxious about it actually being me sick. (if that makes any sense.) Regardless, its a tough cycle because Ill have a bad day from stress, start being very symptomatic (mainly D.) and then get worried/anxious that I'm sick. Of course, since I'm worried about being sick, it turns around and makes my symptoms worse, then I get more worried and it just keeps going in loops like that.

Does anyone here have any struggles with stuff similar to this? If so- how do you cope with it?

Currently on Buspar for anxiety, and am looking into getting a counselor. 

Thanks ahead of time! 

~ Kristen.

#2 pesegers

pesegers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 05:52 AM

Very recognizable. It's extremly hard to change anxiety.

I do following things in such a period:

1) listen to relaxing background music al the time

2) focus attention on other things (When you feel anxiety you focus on the danger (the symptoms) en look for a solution => no solution => more anxiety, anger, frustration, helpless, panic etc. etc.

3) tell  myself "this to will past", i have no solution right know but it will not last fore ever.

But it's counter natural

When you feel anxiety you focus on the danger and want to solve it.

#3 Mypeanut

Mypeanut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 10:03 AM

Please look up research on CBD oil it has changed a lot for me . My life is so much better the anxiety is just about gone my ibs-d has improved it really is a game changer ! Also calcium carbonate without magnesium eat one before eating a few changes can improve quality of life . Ibs is a terrible thing but we can help ourselves but trying new ideas I know everyone is different but with trial and error you can improve good luck 👍🍀

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ibs, ibs-d, anxiety

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here