low stomach acid, gastritis,gerd,sibo and ibs. - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

low stomach acid, gastritis,gerd,sibo and ibs.

low stomach acid gerd gastritis sibo ibs reflux hypoch hypochlorhydria relief cure

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Raw015

Raw015

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:14 AM

Advertisement
at my wits end as i have spent 1000's at supplements that didnt work i dont know what to do.
where do you begin if you severe digestion issues, gastritis and low stomach acid?
How am i supposed to take Betaine Hcl and not burn my stomach at the same time? 

It got me very confused about life because i ended up in the ER because i vomited blood and the only thing that the doc gave me was a advice to take pantoprazol 2x40 mg and sent me home. 

#2 steenie

steenie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

If you have low acid why are you taking an acid suppressant?

Have you had the scopes to check your insides out?

#3 Raw015

Raw015

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:56 AM

If you have low acid why are you taking an acid suppressant?

Have you had the scopes to check your insides out?

i just came back from the hospital after a week they found gastritis and reflux esophagitis so i MUST take ppis or carafate to stop the inflammation..

#4 steenie

steenie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

i just came back from the hospital after a week they found gastritis and reflux esophagitis so i MUST take ppis or carafate to stop the inflammation..

But that's weird, doesn't ppis REDUCE acid not increase? if you have low acid wouldn't that make it worse? Apologies just trying to understand.

#5 Kentaro

Kentaro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

Try to take Betaine after your meal.
It works for me so far.

#6 ccoleman

ccoleman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:12 AM

Slow digestion is a sign of low stomach acid. I have that problem. I can eat a meal and 6 hours later the food is still there. Adding a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to your tummy fixes that and it is very healthy too. It is an antioxidant as well.

#7 makingsenseofthings

makingsenseofthings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

i was diagnosed with gerd but suspect i have low stomach acid.  they didnt really prescribe anything for me... and i been on my own t o cope sadly...

they even tried t o put me on ppi, i didnt take it....   first since  it was suppoe to lower acid, i suspected... second i read enough bad on ppi.....

on t he betaine supplment , anyone ever reached normalcy/full recovery and not be dependent no more ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: low stomach acid, gerd, gastritis, sibo, ibs, reflux, hypoch, hypochlorhydria, relief, cure

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here