Battling with Acid Reflux - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Battling with Acid Reflux

acid reflux h pylori

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SimpleGuy

SimpleGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

Advertisement

Earlier in the year i started having crazy symptoms of dizziness, burning throat, fumes in my nose and eyes. I went to the doctor and after tests found out i had h.pylori. I have taken the antibiotics couple of months ago but i am still having these symptoms. Then last week i stumbled upon this article https://beatacidreflux.wordpress.com/ on acid reflux and i think this might be what i have. So i have decided to follow the guidance in the article. Anyone else got any ideas what to do?

#2 Maudlin

Maudlin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:29 AM

I would say you still have remnants of H. Pylori still lingering in your system. It does take months and months for your symptoms to subside.

Or maybe you have GERD?

#3 SimpleGuy

SimpleGuy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:28 AM

Thanks Maudlin. I will see how it goes and continue with the guidance from the article. It is just very uncomfortable as it seems like i am breathing fire.

#4 ahendricks

ahendricks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:39 PM

I had h. pylori years ago with similar symptoms to acid reflux and GERD. My doctor initially did a blood test to verify the h. pylori. I did the package of antibiotics and then went back to the doctor for a stool sample to confirm the h. pylori was gone. If you have not retested to confirm elimination, you should absolutely do so and if you haven't tested via stool sample, I would highly recommend that as well. I also would recommend being tested for a bacterial overgrowth; a lot of times doctors write off bacterial overgrowth, but more and more studies are showing relevancy to this cause. Don't ignore your symptoms; h. pylori is serious and could cause major implications later in later.

Good luck and keep us updated.

-Alex

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acid reflux, h pylori

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here