Hemorrhoids advice - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Hemorrhoids advice

Hemorrhoids itching

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wigglesmom

wigglesmom

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:45 AM

Advertisement

I have developed pretty terrible hemorrhoids and irritation due to using Dulcolax/Biscodyl suppositories. I absolutely must use two per day as they help me go to the bathroom. they leave me with irritation, swelling and itching though. Does anyone have any hemorrhoid remedies that work especially well? I have tried so many different things. 

Thank you

#2 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:25 PM

Hi wigglesmom -

Try using aloe vera gel on your toilet tissue whenever you wipe. I always do. That way? The tissue never actually touches you down there, just the gel. 

#3 whendoesitend

whendoesitend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

This sounds terrible.

I have polycystic kidneys, and the tendency to get berry aneurysms goes with that - in particular in high stress areas. I've had no trouble to speak of for years, the other day walking home from store, I felt like I'd been stabbed you know where.

I spent five days slathering the affect area with Preparation H, rolling up a hand towel, and sitting on it. If you support stuff where it's supposed to be, and have Preparation H suppository to tighten things up, your body *will* recover, just a question of how long.

Doesn't need to be a towel, either - modern drink cans are sturdy enough to sit on - so nice and chilly if they've been in the freezer for a bit, and the perfect shape.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hemorrhoids, itching

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here