Ditch being vegan be helpful?! - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Ditch being vegan be helpful?!

Low fodmap vegan vegetarian ibs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eric123

Eric123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Advertisement
I want to start the low fodmap as Ive heard so many good things but Im vegan and have been for 2 years. Im under weight so starting the low fodmap diet would not help with the weight loss as its very restrictive. Would starting to eat meat/lactose/eggs cause havoc for me? I will introduce them all slowly but its just most gluten free products contain egg etc. ANY advice would be highly appreciated! TIA x

#2 CranberryTea

CranberryTea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:49 PM

Just to remind you, human beings have been living on earth for 100's of thousands of years, if not millions of years.  If you do not eat any animal protein, that is a radical change in diet from all your ancestors.  Virtually all of them ate animal protein.  By eating vegan you have chosen a radical diet.  I'm not saying one can't be healthy with that diet, but just realize that avoiding animal products is a fairly radical diet choice.  If you are not well avoiding animal foods, you most certainly should begin to include them in your diet.  There have been many ex-vegetarians/vegans who have made their condition worse by avoiding animal - based foods.

• ♧Pandora☆ likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Low fodmap, vegan, vegetarian, ibs

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here