Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  NourishAndThrive 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with an inflammatory bowel disease, or has an ongoing gut issue, please point them in the direction of the Facebook support group 'Heal Ulcerative Colitis Naturally'.

The address to the group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1342924975817671/

This group is all about NATURAL approaches to healing inflammation in the gut! It is a supportive and non-judgmental place, where members are invited to create awareness and positive change in people's lives, as well as their own, by sharing relevant...
- success stories - tips - recipes - research - articles - products - resources - useful videos
...especially if those things have personally helped them!

(Posts are by no means intended to replace your doctors medical advice)

It is my hope that this group becomes a great 'go-to' for people to receive practical and emotional support on their gut healing journey. Dealing with an invisible disease can be isolating and really suck sometimes, but the right education and support can mean the difference between surviving and thriving!

I was inspired to create this group because of my own struggle with digestive health. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in May 2017. My GI doctor told me my colon was the worst he had ever seen, that I would be on med's for the rest of my life, and that I could eat what I wanted because food had nothing to do with it. He also said that if things didn't improve, I would most likely have my colon removed in a years time. After 2 weeks of feeling hopeless about my future, something inside me could not accept that prognosis! I had so many questions, and researched as much as I could. I changed my diet, started doing smoothies and juices, used natural remedies and supplements, took probiotics and digestive enzymes, and practiced yoga and meditation regularly.

Now I can go out in public with barely a thought about where the closest bathroom is! I no longer live in fear or isolation. I am the happiest and healthiest I've ever been.It took SOOO much time and effort to figure it all out... if I had only been a part of a FB group like this it would've been less overwhelming and isolating.

I truly believe that every person can find their own path to healing if they are open to it, do the research, put in the hard yards, and listen to their body! Knowing what I know now, I want to help as many people as I can.

So be sure to join the tribe, or pass the info along! Cheers!

- Rebecca

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.