gas build up - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

gas build up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

Advertisement

Every afternoon gas starts building up so that by 5:00 p.m.  I am constantly farting.   It happens no matter what I have for lunch and the same time everyday.   Sometimes when I eat supper the gas actually gets better.    Unfortunately,   most times it gets even worse after I eat in the evening.    Why would I get gassy in the middle of the afternoon,  long after I've had lunch?

#2 Tolliverarmstrong

Tolliverarmstrong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

I would 

1. Get tested for SIBO. Make absolutely sure that the test measures for methane and hydrogen. Both are imperative. 

2. Try a diet that is nearly all protein, i.e. few carbs. Here's a sample of some foods to stick to: eggs, peanut butter, chicken, turkey, tuna, any seafood, chicken broth, and few blueberries as fruit (supplement with vitamins and drink unsweetened almond milk). Zero sugar which includes cured cold cuts from the deli. If this diet reduces the gas by a lot, there is a strong chance you do have SIBO as those bacteria feed on sugar and other indigestible material.

#3 ChrisRayd

ChrisRayd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:13 AM

On top of the things Armstrong has already suggested, you could try a detox program by consuming activated charcoal, Aloe Vera Juice, and lemon juice before meals. Those will help to reduce gas by cleaning out the organs before consumption.

Ditto on the unsweetened almond milk. You could also try mixing 250 ml of that with 125 ml of unsweetened coconut milk and see how that works for you. Coconut oil is even better, Id highly suggest consuming it as its a quality food that will reduce your gas issues and fight a gut dysbiosis. Some other tips are talked about in this article http://raydernutriti...g-stomach-pain/. Remember, eating is an activity and so when you dont treat it as one by preparing for it beforehand, you reduce your bodies ability to assimilate nutrients and set it up for having lots of unnecessary stomach pain.

Thanks,
Chris
http://raydernutrition.com
Chris

#4 NoHelp

NoHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 02:48 PM

Every afternoon gas starts building up so that by 5:00 p.m.  I am constantly farting.   It happens no matter what I have for lunch and the same time everyday.   Sometimes when I eat supper the gas actually gets better.    Unfortunately,   most times it gets even worse after I eat in the evening.    Why would I get gassy in the middle of the afternoon,  long after I've had lunch?

Same, at 4-5 PM I fart constantly. no matter what I eat... lately I noticed even when I fast until 4 PM and I havent eaten anything before It also happens. also when I dont eat anything at all and I reach 4 PM... strange huh? this is one for the science.

#5 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 04:46 PM

Same, at 4-5 PM I fart constantly. no matter what I eat... lately I noticed even when I fast until 4 PM and I havent eaten anything before It also happens. also when I dont eat anything at all and I reach 4 PM... strange huh? this is one for the science.

Mine starts a little earlier like about 2 or 3.  Like you,  mine starts even without eating.   I have had SIBO test...negative. I've tried various diets and anti gas foods to no avail.   I'm almost 70 years old and have had this problem since my 20s.   Been to so many different doctors I lost count.   Spent 3 days at the Mayo clinic....no help.   I have IBS-D and sometimes the gas is better if I'm having a bout of diarrhea.  Go figure.

#6 NoHelp

NoHelp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 03:19 AM

Mine starts a little earlier like about 2 or 3.  Like you,  mine starts even without eating.   I have had SIBO test...negative. I've tried various diets and anti gas foods to no avail.   I'm almost 70 years old and have had this problem since my 20s.   Been to so many different doctors I lost count.   Spent 3 days at the Mayo clinic....no help.   I have IBS-D and sometimes the gas is better if I'm having a bout of diarrhea.  Go figure.

Must have really given you lots of suffering and embarrassing moments I assume?

I have this problem for 5 years or so and I am 29 years old. all those times the intensity didn't change, it's always the same deal.

I don't see any hope in curing this condition, whatever it is. the constant flatulence is my only symptom.

#7 JushinLiger

JushinLiger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 April 2020 - 05:15 PM

I'm having the same issue. I've been suffering for 17 years. I know it will take awhile to find a solution to the problem. Currently, my doctor is recommending the low-FODMAP diet and getting an food allergy test. 

My question is, are any of you guys able to have a social life? I'm embarrassed to walk out the house. I'm pretty sure even my neighbors hear me farting in my own home if they have their windows open. I can tell people notice when I go out because of the funny looks I get. Luckily, most people are nice and don't say anything, but then there are the ones who laugh. I would like to live life to the fullest and meet new people, but it's hard to have a conversation with someone when I can't go two minutes without passing some gas. Any suggestions? 

#8 Positiveside

Positiveside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:55 PM

social life amidst coronavirus, no way. Better to stay at home and keep healthy. well, anyway social distancing is the new normal today so farting is not a big deal anymore, lol

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here