coping with stress? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

coping with stress?

stress exams how to cope

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 o1995

o1995

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:56 AM

Advertisement

Hi guys!

this is my very first time trying to reach out to people who have the same thing I do! I'm hoping we'll be able to support each other with meaningful advice and tips.

My IBS started during my military service (the stress, I imagine.). Ever since then, every time something slightly stressful came up - I sprint to the closest bathroom or am curled into a little ball of pain.

I started college this year! I was really looking forward to it. However, I spent the whole first day admiring the toilets because of the nerves. It was such a disappointment, not at all how I wanted it to go. 

so here's the problem:

Exam time is upon us... I'm in a rather competitive field in which I have to score around the 95 mark in order to get to my dream job. All that stress is worsening my IBS (and also worsening my choice of food, which in returns, worsens my IBS even more...). It's a vicious cycle! 

What do you guys do to relax? to tone down the stress a bit? I have a back condition so no yoga allowed, sadly. What helps you guys cope with stressful situations?

thank you for helping!

O.

#2 VinnyB

VinnyB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:46 AM

Im a very anxious person. When I dont feel stress, my stools are normal. When Im stressed,my stools are soft, almost D and I have gas all day long. It wont go away until Im relax again (and stress period can last several weeks, so...)

#3 ChrisRayd

ChrisRayd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

First off, put everything into perspective.  Things that seem so important now aren't important 2 days from now.  So much of life is just about putting things into perspective.  I got C's in multiple classes in HS and it affected my life in no way(still got into a college with better scholarships than people with all A's).  So an exam isn't really that important in the grand scheme of things.  That's the best way to cope with stress.

Thanks, 

Chris 

http://raydernutrition.com

Chris

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stress, exams, how to cope

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here