Chronic Bloat - Four Days Straight! - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Chronic Bloat - Four Days Straight!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vixter27

Vixter27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

Advertisement

My very nice, very well-meaning but slightly ignorant brother-in-law fetched me a glass of wine on NYE, which he decided to make a white wine spritzer 'so I wouldn't have to worry about driving later'. Sadly, I'm a little rubbish at refusing kindness, even knowing it will harm me, and I did drink about half of it. Carbonation is AWFUL for me and I've been so bloated and uncomfortable ever since that I've had two nights of virtually no sleep since and I can't seem to get rid of it!!! 

So far, I've tried eating, not eating, drinking lots of water, drinking warm water, exercising, sleeping sitting up, sleeping on various sides, and massaging my stomach. So far, I've barely had any relief and as soon as I eat anything, the bloating returns. I'm really at the end of my tether with this now! 

Can anyone please help!? Right now, I feel like punching a small hole into my stomach to let the air out through!! lol! 

#2 Bella90

Bella90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

Have you tried Rennies windeze? They sometimes work for me when literally nothing else will!

#3 sarahdrew

sarahdrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:13 AM

Try a liquid diet for 1-2 days with only fresh juice. Or maybe a week of only juice/soup/smoothies but no solids. it gives your digestion a bit of a break to normalise, but make sure you take fibre. normafibe is the best one for minimal bloating

otherwise have peppermint tablets before main meals. try light fruit-only breakfasts

make sure you are having regular BMs, being blocked up worsens bloating

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here