Negative SIBO breath test, doesn't look negative to me - GI-related Diagnostic Tests - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Negative SIBO breath test, doesn't look negative to me

sibo hydrogen breath test lactulose

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 WinterStorm

WinterStorm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

So German doctors really don't like diagnosing SIBO. I've now seen 7 gastroenterologists none of whome will diagnose SIBO.

I paid privately to get my own lactulose test to try to diagnose distal SIBO (the pain and problems are near my ileocecal valve).

Here is my test overlaid with the indicative positive from http://ndnr.com/gastrointestinal/sibo/.

The gastroenterologist terminated the test at 150 minutes and told me it was negative. Is this right?

Screen+Shot+2018-01-18+at+6.25.18+pm.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sibo, hydrogen, breath test, lactulose

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here