Adding Bulk? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Adding Bulk?

bulk stool bowel loose

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tummytroubles18

tummytroubles18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

Advertisement

Hello, 

Sorry to be graphic, I’m hoping somebody can help, for the past 10 or so days i’ve been suffering from cow pat like stools that are quite loose but before this i can't remember the last time i had a banana shaped bowel movement, I’ve tried everything from upping my fibre intake with foods like wholegrain pasta, wholemeal bread, bananas and pears to try and add some roughage to the stool with no effect, alternating my fluid intake again with no effect and trying a probiotic called Bio Kult  - https://www.amazon.c...ywords=bio kult,

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You

#2 dekkalife

dekkalife

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:46 PM

Things like wholegrain pasta and bread are high in insoluble fibre, which won't help firm and bulk the stool.

Concentrate on soluble fibre. Oats are among the best source of soluble fibre. Cooked carrots and sweet potato are good too.

Try to limit grains, seeds, leafy vegetables, and vegetable/fruit skins.

Otherwise, you can try soluble fibre supplements like Acacia Gum, or Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum.

#3 tummytroubles18

tummytroubles18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

Things like wholegrain pasta and bread are high in insoluble fibre, which won't help firm and bulk the stool.

Concentrate on soluble fibre. Oats are among the best source of soluble fibre. Cooked carrots and sweet potato are good too.

Try to limit grains, seeds, leafy vegetables, and vegetable/fruit skins.

Otherwise, you can try soluble fibre supplements like Acacia Gum, or Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum.

Hi Thanks for this,

Do you have recommendations of any other soluble foods that can help me, and what i can to other than this to get a more "banana" formed stool?

Thanks Again

#4 dekkalife

dekkalife

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

There are some good suggestions here

https://chriskresser...on-the-veggies/

#5 gramx3

gramx3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

Hi there,

I have IBS-D and Metamucil helps me.  I was hesitant  to try it for fear of gas and bloating but started with one dose per day and no problems.  It does help form up the stool.  Tastes gross however.  Worth a try.  I use the cheaper product from Walmart.  Good Luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bulk, stool, bowel, loose

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here