Travel / safari with IBS-D? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Travel / safari with IBS-D?

travel IBS-D safari vacation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mcg32

mcg32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

Advertisement

Hi there, I'm hoping this group can offer some advice. I saw a few older posts about travel with IBS-D, specifically about a safari trip, but did not see any resolutions. Have any of you gone on safari recently and how did you deal with the symptoms? I have an upcoming trip to Kenya next month and sadly, I'm considering backing out. I have a Dr. Apt tomorrow to see if I can try something new, but I'm already getting worried about it.

I love to travel and have been many places around the world, but for this trip, I'm mostly concerned with the early morning start times and lack of bathroom facilities, as (obviously) we will be in remote locations and my symptoms are aways bad in the morning. Any thoughts / advice are appreciated! Would love to hear about your experiences. 

Thanks in advance. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: travel, IBS-D, safari, vacation

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here