#1 Eltel

Eltel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:37 AM

Advertisement

Just found your page.

I was diagnosed with IBS some 13 years ago after a stressful time at work. However having spoken to most IBS sufferers in my circle of friends who have periods of relief before a flare up mine seems to be constant.

Can you help. My diagnosis came after as I said some major stress but it came by simply a nurse sending me to the hospital for a stomach scan to see if there was anything wrong.

The nurse at the hospital said they could not scan lower down as it was impossible. So one visit to hospital one scan not of the bowel but of the stomach and I was diagnosed.

Ever since then I have wondered are there other tests that should have been done before diagnosis.

My symptoms are occasional bloating or a feeling of a heavy weight in the stomach. Pain which can be low down or high up it changes.

I do not suffer from the runs or constipation.

Treatment is mebeverine tablets when ever I need them. They do help when feeling bloated and only a little with the pain.

I also take a yogurt drink with culture in it to help bacteria not sure if it is any good.

I know there is no cure but some real relief would be good and also to know that the doctor has done all they can to come to a correct diagnosis.

Question is should the doctor have done further tests and if so what?

Any advice or help would be appreciated

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diagnosis, treatment, advice

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here