Xanax and mood/persona - Mental Health - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Xanax and mood/persona

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rockingirl

rockingirl

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:59 AM

Advertisement
So Ive had a Xanax prescription for a few years now, as I get IBSD related anxiety attacks. I take Cymbalta and Imodium to treat my IBS.
I have a low dose of Xanax .5 mg that Im supposed to take three times a day, but I really do it more as needed. Like if a really stressful meeting is coming up one day I might do 2 or 3.
Anyway, when I go higher its like Im suddenly more myself - or the self want to be? Less depressed and more sociable. Anyone else find this? Id rather not have to rely on Xanax to be a functioning human being :/

#2 GraciSurlan

GraciSurlan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:34 AM

I had the same problem. My doctor gave me a Xanax prescription a few ago related to anxiety attacks. Indeed, it helped me a lot. Really, as soon as I started taking it, I immediately began to feel myself in my body. I took Xanax 5 mg 2 times a day, and it was enough for me. But the same as you, if I felt really stressful meeting is coming up one day, I might take a double dose several times. It is a usual practice. The main thing is to bring the treatment till the end, and then it will pass over time. Anyway, I ordered a pack of Xanax on https://losepain.com. It is always at my fingertips if suddenly I feel that a panic attack is close. 

• JackyeChin likes this

#3 rockingirl

rockingirl

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 07:48 AM

I had the same problem.

I had posted this a while ago but haven’t found a better solution. How have you managed?

#4 JackyeChin

JackyeChin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:57 AM

I had the same problem. My doctor gave me a Xanax prescription a few ago related to anxiety attacks. Indeed, it helped me a lot. Really, as soon as I started taking it, I immediately began to feel myself in my body. I took Xanax 5 mg 2 times a day, and it was enough for me. But the same as you, if I felt really stressful meeting is coming up one day, I might take a double dose several times. It is a usual practice. The main thing is to bring the treatment till the end, and then it will pass over time.. It is always at my fingertips if suddenly I feel that a panic attack is close. 

Thanks for sharing. I also was taking alprazolam some years ago and it helped me. But if Xanax is without prescription I will order it

#5 Positiveside

Positiveside

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 05:36 AM

Is it okay to take Xanax more than what your doctor has prescribed for you? I guess you should ask your doctor about that.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here