Silicol Gel. Wow! - Page 2 - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Silicol Gel. Wow!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 PD85

PD85

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:00 PM

I am interested to try this. I have tried diatomaceous earth in the past which is like a dried silica that I drank in water. Any idea if these are similar or like the same thing?

You'd imagine they'd be somewhat similar. Considering the ingredients in both are exactly the same, silicon dioxide. 

"I could be wrong about everything." -Me

#22 AZGuy

AZGuy

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:49 PM

as of today all is well. I cant say im 100% free of any symptoms but there is a huge improvement in quieting of the gut. Its only been a week so its hard to be certain though. I think its worth the investment of $30 from amazon. 

I'm curious how this silicol gel is working for you over the past few months.

#23 Ilyria

Ilyria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:07 AM

I am raising this topic because I have decided to try Silicol gel after reading about it here and in other reviews I found online. In my country you can buy this product only in a pharmacy and it is a bit expensive but I don't care as long as it's helpful.
I started taking it 6 days ago and I can see and feel the improvements. My abdominal pain and cramping are gone. I feel my bowels and stomach are much calmer and there is no nausea or dizzines or heart palpitations induced by bowel movements.
My silent reflux has calmed down consideraby and with it post-nasal drip that this reflux was causing. I still feel it but not as iritating and painful as before.
I have a fear that this gel would constipate me to much(I have IBS-A)if I were to take it in recommended dose and that is why I take just one small children spoon(like 1/2 a tablespoon) a day. I increased the size of the food portions I was eating after 2 days of taking it and that was a huge deal for me since I was unable to eat more than a few bites of food.
Last night I tried to eat some of my medium trigger food on purpose to test it and it did not harm me. This morning there was a slight discomfort before BM but still no pain.
I am happy with my results so far and will try to increase the dose in time to see if it will be even more helpful.

#24 Ilyria

Ilyria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 05 June 2020 - 03:15 AM

I didn't think I would be writing an update so soon but these are strange circumstances. Yesterday I had tuna steak and sweet potato for lunch. Took my dose of silicol while I was still at work an hour before meal as it says on the bottle. I came home from the office and made my lunch but something was not right. I could not eat and after half a steak I simply gave up. I got nauseous and my stomach started cramping followed by BM. I felt uneasy and extremely tired for the rest of the day with headache and generally feeling unwell.
This morning I read in the newspaper that they are withdrawing that tuna steak from the store because of very high(not allowed) histamine content and that it is not safe for consumption! So I must say that clearly I had a reaction to this and I think it would've been even worse without this gel.
Today I feel okay-ish..a bit weird but tolerable.

#25 Macaroni

Macaroni

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:43 PM

Elenac,

I'm a bit late to the party, but I just read the postings.  I am so happy to hear about your daughter's improvement, but I want to say a few words about yourself...

You are a great parent.  It's hard for children (and some adults) to understand that nothing matters more to us than the happiness and well-being of our children.  No matter how old they get, we are always watching over them.  God bless you...and your children.

#26 Ilyria

Ilyria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:20 PM

Hello
This is my 2 week update. So far so good. I have increased the dose to 2 tea spoons a day-before lunch and dinner and will adjust it if necessary. My stomach feels ok, no pain or urgency like before. I still have multiple BM but don't mind them. Reflux is also better now that I've added the evening dose and I feel I can sleep again.
Unfortunately I ended up in the hospital (ER) two days in a row because of chest pain and other reasons but I took the gel and my ibs didn't flare up despite my lack of sleep and major stress. I am amazed by this product!

#27 Ilyria

Ilyria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 June 2020 - 01:29 AM

Hello
Tomorrow will be 3 weeks total of taking silicol gel and 10 days of taking it 2 times a day. My dose is 2*1 teaspoon and I think it suits me. I take it before lunch and dinner. Reflux is gone and I sleep better. There are no cramps, urgencies, stomach pain or similar ibs related things. I can eat more and overall I feel much better. I experiment with some moderate trigger foods and so far so good. I want to expand the food options I have but slow. Number of BM has decreased and I plan to add fiber in my diet because I think this gel could constipate me if I'm not careful.For now I am very happy and ibs is the least of my problems at the moment.

#28 Ilyria

Ilyria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:00 AM

I've been taking silicol for one month now. Things are good and I eat more. My stomach is much calmer, reflux also. BM are not urgent nor painful. Mostly I have multiple BM(3) but I dont mind. If I, by chance,eat my trigger food then things don't end well but it lasts for maybe half a day or so not as long as before. I will continue with this for a while and update you. It has definitely made a difference for me!

#29 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9200 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:52 AM

that's wonderful!  so glad to hear that it is helping you!

• Ilyria likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#30 Ilyria

Ilyria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:58 AM

Thank you annie7!
  • annie7 likes this

#31 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9200 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:25 PM

you're welcome! smile.png

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here