Constant 24/7 abdominal pain for 4 months..need help - Parent's discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Constant 24/7 abdominal pain for 4 months..need help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tracy72

Tracy72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

Advertisement

My daughter 12 is going into month 4 of constant 24/7 abdominal pain centered around her belly button.  It started in October with a stomach virus (bad stomach pains, fever, and headache, no vomitting or diarrhea) and the stomach pains never went away.  She goes to the bathroom everyday and its not c or d.

We have been seeing a top pediatric GI doctor at highly rated hospital.  Have done blood work, stool test, hydrogen breath test, celiacs test, X-rays, ultrasound, h-pilori test and endoscopy.  All come back normal.  He says the next step is a dietician.  My daughter has a bland diet.  She barely eats, mostly its cheerios, pancakes, waffles, pasta with butter, chocolate milk, rice, popcorn, sometimes steak and bacon.  She went to food therapy a few years back to try and get her to eat new foods but she wouldn't.  She is growing and gaining weight.

I have read endlessly everything I can find about this to try and get answers.  I hate seeing my once crazy, energetic girl, lay on the couch complaining her stomach hurts all day.  There is never a break unless she is sleeping.  Its worse in the morning, and before bed and makes loud noises.

We tried Omeprazole, peptic, tums, peppermint oil, advil, probiotics, and nothing helps in the slightest.

I feel horrible and I'm so angry this is happening.  The doctor seems to read from a text book and doesn't really listen when I tell him its constant and brought on by a stomach virus.  

We need some relief or answers :(

#2 Cat.S.

Cat.S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:46 PM

The symptoms sound the same as my 12 year old when we first started this. Her doctor decided to place her on a low fodmap diet and it has really helped. It is an adjustment though. I have learned to cook all kinds of new things because the low fodmap diet eliminates a lot of things. Buy she has been healthier and more energetic because of it! She also eats a lot more. I have also put her on Metamucil. She takes a teaspoon 3 times a day. Once in the morning, once when she comes home from school, and once before bed. At the beginning it was rough, as her body purged everything, but the Metamucil and the diet change have given her new life! I'd say it's worth a shot! Good luck!

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here