IBS-D and Giardiasis - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS-D and Giardiasis

IBS-D Parasites Giardiasis

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guitarplyr1990

Guitarplyr1990

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:27 PM

Advertisement
Has anyone on here heard of this parasite? And can this be the cause of my IBS-D? I have a lot of the symptoms including dizziness and fatigue along with all the IBS-D symptoms.

#2 AZGuy

AZGuy

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:24 AM

Yes. I've heard of it. In fact I had it about 15 years ago and it was soon afterward I developed IBS-D. Of course you can be tested for it to know for sure and it can be eradicated by a lot of antibiotics. But does it ever really cure it? I'm not sure. I still have IBS-D. The doctors say no because I've been tested time and time again and tried every known course of treatment. But I think it may have done something to my gut.

#3 celestin

celestin

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

Has anyone on here heard of this parasite? And can this be the cause of my IBS-D? I have a lot of the symptoms including dizziness and fatigue along with all the IBS-D symptoms.

Perform a 'search' !! >>
"Your search for the term giardia returned 141 results"

#4 sarahrose in AZ

sarahrose in AZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:11 AM

this is what caused my sons IBS-D...... months of diarrhea before getting a diagnosis, and....because the giardia was so bad, he got C-diff as well.................treated the giardia and c-diff with 2 weeks of flagyl, but the IBS-D diagnosis still an issue...............just trying to control his diet with lowfod map, and adding rice water to his daily intake to control the remaining loose bowels. Dr's cant do anything about it....and are completely worthless IMO.

#5 AZGuy

AZGuy

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:03 PM

this is what caused my sons IBS-D...... months of diarrhea before getting a diagnosis, and....because the giardia was so bad, he got C-diff as well.................treated the giardia and c-diff with 2 weeks of flagyl, but the IBS-D diagnosis still an issue...............just trying to control his diet with lowfod map, and adding rice water to his daily intake to control the remaining loose bowels. Dr's cant do anything about it....and are completely worthless IMO.

Doctors are worthless. IBS is a blanket umbrella term for "I DONT KNOW". I too suspect my giardia cause my IBS-D which I've been suffering now for 15 years. I was hit with many antibiotics over the years from cipro, flagyl, xifaxin, azithromycin. I think all these antibiotics made things worse and haven't taken any since 2015. Sometimes I go through patch fixes...but it usually always comes back.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-D Parasites, Giardiasis

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here