amitriptyline for anxiety related ibs-d - Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

amitriptyline for anxiety related ibs-d

amitriptyline anxiety ibs-d

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dia25

Dia25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:01 AM

Advertisement
Has anyone had a luck with amitriptyline for anxiety related ibs-d? I've read a lot of success stories but none where the main trigger was anxiety.
I've just been prescribed it but the side effects are making me nervous!
I seem to only get it if I'm going on a car journey, going into a meeting at work or basically anywhere where I feel trapped and don't have immediate access to a loo is when my body decides it needs to go!
Thank you :)

#2 jza

jza

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:32 AM

I took it, not for IBS, but for insomnia for a few months in the past. It caused severe weight gain (+10lbs in a month) even at a low dosage. I stopped taking it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amitriptyline, anxiety, ibs-d

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here