FDA accepts New Drug Application for Prucalopride for CIC - Constipation Prescription Medications - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

FDA accepts New Drug Application for Prucalopride for CIC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10509 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:36 PM

Advertisement

finally!  

https://globenewswir...nstipation.html

http://www.ibsgroup....opride-for-cic/

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#2 AquaClara

AquaClara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:28 PM

Finally, yes, but my insurance won’t cover it and full price is too expensive. Heck, even with a coupon, it is still $450 for a month’s quantity. Financial situation won’t allow for no-cost or low-cost programs. Does anybody have any suggestions? I took Zelnorm years ago and it worked great. Forget about Linzess and Amitiza - they just made me feel worse with terrible bloating. Motegrity (prucalopide) is the first medication I have seen since Zelnorm was removed from the market that helps with motility. I believe the Zelnorm that is offered now has age restrictions, also making it prohibitive. Again, any suggestions?

#3 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10509 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

re zelnorm: talk to your doc about the age restrictions. maybe he/she will rx it for you anyway.   from what i've read, the FDA's  advisory panel  recommended expanded use of Zelnorm on the stipulation that the drug be used only in women and not in men or people aged 65 and over, citing a lack of information on the effects of the drug in men and adults over 65  (in other words, no men or adults over 65 were in the clinical trials).

re motegrity: maybe a prior authorization from your doc saying that motegrity is medically necessary for you because none of the other C meds work would help convince your insurance company to cover it. 

good luck with everything.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here