New...my story - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

New...my story

Ibsd

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chezza89

Chezza89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:48 AM

Advertisement
Hi I'm new here. I have had ibs d for as long as I can remember I also have anxiety which I'm on medication for I have just been prescribed nexium for my ibs d in all honesty I feel like it's not help9ng me. I get such bad flare ups which affect my life I get bloated, diarrhoea, painful cramps, gas, trapped wind. I take Imodium all the time :( nothing seems to be working I've been to the doctor so many times and I just get given the same ###### about diet changes (I've tried evwrything) currently trying to cut out dairy and also I've tried so many ibs medications. This affects me everyday if I need to go out I normaly get so anxious about needing the loo while I'm out which causes panic attacks im scared to eat out in case the food makes me ill. I'm so fed up I get so depressed about it and my doctor don't seem to understand how much it affects me :( so yeah that's my story

#2 Ylba

Ylba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:00 AM

Try seeing a functional medicine doctor. You can find one through the Institute for Functional Medicine website.

I have had IBS for several years but my symptoms started to get worse several months ago so I went to a functional medicine doctor. She prescribed a SIBO test and a stool test. It turned out that I had a parasite and SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). I'm undergoing treatment now and am hopeful things will get better soon.

If your gastroenterologist is having trouble helping you, a functional medicine physician is a great option to try.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ibsd

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here