Help with Anal Moisture/Leakage and other bowel irregularities - Page 2 - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Help with Anal Moisture/Leakage and other bowel irregularities

anal moisture sweat leakage seepage mucous magnesium calcium psyllium husk probiotic

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 feelinggross

feelinggross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:51 PM

Yeah once the impaction was gone the fissure healed up in 3 weeks and I didn't have leakages anymore. It's terrible how one little thing can do so much damage mentally and physicallysad.png.

-Are you able to smell it on yourself btw? Or do you have family or friends who can smell it on you?

It hasn't gotten sweaty at all since, so I think sweat and fissure may be connected. Especially if the sweat happens when it's not hot outside or you don't sweat anywhere else on your body when it happens.

-For that I used MoviPrep - they use it for colonoscopies. It did take 2 full days to get everything out though so you can't leave the house at all for 2 days if you take it.

-no most of them were broken up, hard, and flat. I think hard stool in itself means it's old and soft stool is newer? If you have both soft and hard stools it might mean an impaction? Sometimes mine were both in the same movement.

It's really a shame how doctors don't treat leaky gas / odor seriously. It seems most of them think it's in our heads, or they don't care enough to share with us possible causes. After we leave they don't bother to think about it again, but they'll happily continue to collect our money dry.png .

We're left having to trial and error for months to find out what the problem is ourselves, let alone how to fix it. It sucks and it's so expensive. We shouldn't have to live like this.

#22 SilverFox123

SilverFox123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:46 AM

Hey feelingsgross nice to hear that your symtoms got better. So you just took a laxative and this cured your stell right? Did you notice parasites etc. coming out?

#23 aguyinpain2

aguyinpain2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:07 AM

Hey Feelinggross.

My bigest problem is actually the sweat/leakage wich  soaks my trousers everytime i have the urge. Yes it does smell from time to time. But usually when i keep the leakage/sweating going for to long(i dont go t the loo).

My seat gets smelly after a while. Family members can smell it because i asked if they could check. They had to come very close to the seat though.

''Especially if the sweat happens when it's not hot outside or you don't sweat anywhere else on your body when it happens.''

Exactly what is the deal with me. Doesn't matter if it's middle of the winter and snow is all around, I still get soaked trousers when feeling the urge to have a bowel movement or when not feeling empty.

Yeah hard stool has probably been in the system for longer. With diarrhea the bowel didn't have enough time tot soak the fluids.

#24 feelinggross

feelinggross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:28 AM

Hello Silverfox123, and thank you! My smell was cured after the fissure healed up - the doctor said the smells of whatever was in my body was leaking out of me through the fissure. But laxatives, stool softeners, and warm baths after BMs were the key to helping it heal.

I'm not sure if they were parasites or maybe I was shedding stomach/intestine lining from damage, but for 2 weeks white strings would pass with the stool. They never moved around though. This was when I was taking colon cleanse pills so they might have been too harsh for my body. 

Do you think you may have parasites? It makes sense that parasites can cause an odor! They must make a lot of waste and if they move around a lot, it seems like it would cause gas and infections.

Hey aguyinpain2, are you on any medication that might affect the urge of needing to empty - and cause overflow incontinence? And the leakage happens no matter how hard or soft your stools are?

Could all this be related to the tightness of the pelvic floor muscles? Just now I looked up symptoms for that and it did include incomplete movements, leakage, and spasms. Was the fysiotherapist able to give you any solutions that would help, or how long it would take before the exercises would show improvement?

#25 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:03 AM

Hey feelingross how long have you been cured form lg and how long did it take the fissure to heal and what did you use to heal it?

Just to collect some data

The greatest wealth is health”. ― Virgilio 

#26 feelinggross

feelinggross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:25 AM

Hey pokerface, I've been cured for about a month now. It took about 3 weeks to heal it and for treatment I took Linzess for a month, stayed temporarily on a diet of easy to digest foods, and warm baths after every BM. Since mine is now chronic though I have to take stool softeners every other day to keep it from appearing again.

#27 aguyinpain2

aguyinpain2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:47 AM

@feelinggross

Yeah the leakage is way less when i have a normal bowel movement(which is twice a year maybe).

And no, i dont think i am on mediactions that might effect it. Happens when I am off medicications all the time, so....

My fysiotherapist doesn't know how long it's gonna take. I have to do excercies in order to improve relaxtion of the sphincter. Little tension (contract the pelvic floor a little, and then let go while breading through your stomach calm.

Gonna have a pressure test this week to see whether there a pressure points contribute to it.

#28 aguyinpain2

aguyinpain2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:08 AM

Hey guys,

Just thought i check op on you guys.

My siatuation hasn't changed. Still doing pelvic floor fysio in which the tension has improved. But symptoms still the same.

You noticed any difference or improvent the last couple months?

Still cured?

#29 aguyinpain2

aguyinpain2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:08 AM

Hey guys,

My siatuation hasn't changed. Still doing pelvic floor fysio in which the tension has improved. But symptoms still the same.

Still cured?

Hey pokerface, I've been cured for about a month now. It took about 3 weeks to heal it and for treatment I took Linzess for a month, stayed temporarily on a diet of easy to digest foods, and warm baths after every BM. Since mine is now chronic though I have to take stool softeners every other day to keep it from appearing again.

Hey feelingross how long have you been cured form lg and how long did it take the fissure to heal and what did you use to heal it?

Just to collect some data

Hey guys,

Still cured?

#30 feelingross

feelingross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:02 AM

Hey aguyinpain2,

I'm so sorry to hear it hasn't been cured. Have you been able to find another doctor? Have you noticed days where you have less reactions from people? Maybe there's a connection like less anxiety or complete BMs or something that could be the key to finding out the cause?

It was really hard going out in public again but I've run a lot of "tests" and no one reacts to me anymore, so I think I'm still cured. 

I really 100% believe I had a lot of things that together caused the odor to be as bad as it was, but the main culprit had to have been a widespread fungal or bacterial infection -- that was causing excessive, almost constant gas.

Have any of your family or friends been able to smell any odor from you at all since then? I wish this site had meetups so we could be honest if there was any odor coming from each other, whether it was gas or general body odor. Maybe that could help everyone narrow down the cause to find their cures.

[new account, forgot my old p.w.]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anal, moisture, sweat, leakage, seepage, mucous, magnesium, calcium, psyllium husk, probiotic

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here