Upper left quadrant pain - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Upper left quadrant pain

Ibsd Pain Left quadrant

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Coloradosnow

Coloradosnow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:45 PM

Advertisement
Ive had ibsd for over ten years. However, in the last few years, Ive been getting upper left quadrant pain. Often times during a pain flare up that can last a week, Ill get gurgling on that left side and diarrhea episodes. Other times, when not in a flare up, I can just squat down and the pressure from that position will cause my stomach to dump, within minutes needing to have diarrhea.

My question is: does this seem normal for IBS or could it be something else? Diverticulitis? Colon problems? Spleen? Etc.

When I say upper left quadrant, I mean just below my left ribs ou even a little under them. Front side.

#2 margaretjane

margaretjane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 03:27 PM

Hi , I think what you are describing is splenic flexture syndrome , it is caused by the build up of trapped gas in the colon due to IBS . I get the same thing on the right side , hepatic flexture . It can cause a lot of pain . Try not to worry as it will make it worse . Hope this helps .

#3 bushja1

bushja1

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 10:06 AM

I get discomfort on the left side as well.   I wouldn't really call it pain,   but like a tightness.   I mentioned this to my doctor and he said there is a big tight turn in your intestines right there and IBS can effect how waste passes through.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ibsd, Pain, Left quadrant

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here