Help! 16 year old male with bloating - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Help! 16 year old male with bloating

bloating ibs teen help treament constipation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lostintranslation

lostintranslation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:11 PM

Advertisement

I´m 16 years old and I suffer from IBS, I have recently been diagnosed but I have been struggling with the symptoms for almost 2 years. It is a nightmare, I still can´t believe that at such a young age I am having all these issues.

My main problem is that I am always bloated, like 24/7 and this has been ever since I lost weight, about 2 years. It´s been so long I don´t remember ever having a flat belly. I am 5 foot 9 (1.78 m) and weigh around 152 lbs (69 kg). I workout from 4 to 6 times per week. I eat EXTREMELY healthy, no junk food, no candy, no soda.NOTHING, I just can´t keep on going, I give up, it doesn't matter how much I take care of my body or how much I exercise, I am always bloated. I don´t know if I have excess air, or water retention, I just don't know. I have been tested and nothing, they haven´t found anything that could be triggering my bloated belly. As of now, my doctor gave me a couple pills in order to alleviate the bloating but nothing.

In a week, my friends and I are going all together to the beach and I really want to enjoy it. Have any of you guys have had a similar problem? and have you ever been able to cure it? Do you guys think I can debloat in 7 days? Pls, any type of help would be appreciated.

P.S. sorry for the bad English.

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9529 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:09 AM

have you been tested for SIBO--small intestine bacterial overgrowth.   severe bloating is a definite symptom of sibo.  constipation can be a symptom of it, too.  

https://www.siboinfo.com/

good luck. hope you can find some relief.  (ps--your english is fine smile.png )

• lostintranslation likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 lostintranslation

lostintranslation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:07 PM

have you been tested for SIBO--small intestine bacterial overgrowth.   severe bloating is a definite symptom of sibo.  constipation can be a symptom of it, too.  

https://www.siboinfo.com/

good luck. hope you can find some relief.  (ps--your english is fine smile.png )

Yeah i think i have SIBO, i just found out about it and inmediately began taking some probiotics and vitamin b12 supplements, it is like a miracle, just after 2 days i began feeling better and i am not as bloated as before, like i feel a lot lighter and i look more "normal", anyway thanks for answering

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9529 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:18 AM

oh good!  so glad to hear that you're feeling better.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bloating, ibs, teen, help, treament, constipation

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here