Trapped Diarrhea? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Trapped Diarrhea?

Trapped Diarrhea Pain Discomfort Suicidal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SuicidalAbdomen26

SuicidalAbdomen26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:54 AM

Advertisement
Sometimes I wake up with an extreme feeling of urgency and diarrhea. About 20% of the time, I would say I get trapped diarrhea. You can tell you have diarrhea because the pain, but youre constipated or blocked. It is the $$$$$$ing worse. What do you do when you have it?

#2 mellosphere

mellosphere

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:10 PM

Wow i hate that. I get that in the evenings sometimes. And the gas hurts a lot because its blocked. Until its unblocked, and everything comes flowing or gushing out. Idk what can be done to prevent it though.

#3 PD85

PD85

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:21 PM

Wow cool thread! I describe my symptoms exactly this way to doctors:

I tell them that I have "trapped loose stools." 

It makes physiological sense if you think about it. The musculature of the intestinal tract is meant to push along solid formed stools. So when they aren't formed or solid, the intestine will try it's best to avoid pushing it further down the tract, as to avoid diarrhea. The other part is the intestines are likely unable to move the stools properly because the musculature has nothing to "grip" on to, nothing to push against. 

All of this leads to the physcial sensation that we feel inside us of trapped loose stools.

I often have to go, but I'll sit down and nothing with be ready. I can feel the stool inside me up about a foot or two, trapped. If I just keep sitting there for 5-20 minutes it will often finally release and out comes the loose stool.

Thanks for sharing.

"I could be wrong about everything." -Me

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trapped, Diarrhea, Pain, Discomfort, Suicidal

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here