Bloating & Distention - ONLY symptoms. Please help! - Gas / Flatulence / Bloating - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Bloating & Distention - ONLY symptoms. Please help!

bloating distention ibs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bloatedandsad

Bloatedandsad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

Advertisement

Hello and thanks in advance for your replies! I'm looking for advice about the products I am using.

I am a 24-year-old female experiencing extreme bloating and distention for almost 2 months now. It started the day after I switched from a vegan diet to incorporating meat and dairy (April 7, 2018). I think while I was eating vegan I ate too many soy products. I also think another cause may be the fact that I've taken antibiotics for recurrent UTIs recently, and the last time I took them was at the beginning of my vegan diet.

But I find it weird that bloating and occasional stomach pain after eating are my only symptoms. I have noticed no difference in my stool...

The first doctor I went to prescribed Xifaxan and recommended testing (ultrasound and endoscopy scheduled). 

The second doctor diagnosed me with IBS, recommended low FODMAP, and basically sent me off on my way. 

I have noticed improvements with XIfaxan, low FODMAP, and cutting out dairy, gluten, soy, alcohol, and coffee (my favorite). But I've been eating a highly restricted diet for the past month and it's greatly decreased my quality of life, without curing me... So I have tried:

Peppermint oil (started 5/19)

Fennel tea (5/19)

Goats milk kefir with probiotic (only dairy since it's low in lactose) (5/26)

Multivitamin 5/28

Cbd oil 5/28

L Glutamine 5/29

All have helped somewhat initially but I'm getting frustrated that nothing is curing this! Advise and others' experiences are greatly appreciated rolleyes.gif . Thank you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bloating, distention, ibs

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here