Help with Rifaximin dosage for SIBO - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Help with Rifaximin dosage for SIBO

SIBO Rifaximin antibiotics ibs-d

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 josue

josue

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:46 AM

Advertisement

Hi all,

I've finally got a doctor to prescribe me the Dr. Pimentel recommended dosage of 550mg of Rifaximin three times a day for 14 days... except I'm not able to source 550mg tablets in my current location. My doctor has said he's willing to adjust the dose to 600mg per day so that I can use a combination of 400mg + 200mg tablets...

Does anyone know if this is going to cause problems? It's only an additional 50mg at each dose. 

Thanks for any help/advice you can provide smile.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SIBO, Rifaximin, antibiotics, ibs-d

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here