Unknown reason for Flare-up. I'm so damn tired. - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Unknown reason for Flare-up. I'm so damn tired.

ibsd flare-up diarrhea ibs cause unknown why help question frustrated

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jsayho

Jsayho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:23 AM

Advertisement

I know that I'm in the right place to complain about the fact that there are times where it just feels like you are back to square one and you haven't made ANY progress in getting your symptoms under control.

So, it's been about a year since I've actually been diagnosed with IBS-D and it's been a long journey of adjusting my diet and seeing great results, then somehow $$$$$$ing it up and changing my diet again and seeing good results and now I've been having flare-ups on the daily for almost a week.

What do you find helps when it seems like you've literally changed nothing about your diet but suddenly everything is going all wrong??

I've been sick with a cold for the past week and I know stress can be a part of flare-ups but it never before seemed like stress induced symptoms for me in the past.

Help...just seeking reassurance...so frustrated and at a loss at the moment.

#2 songofthesea

songofthesea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:32 PM

I feel your pain. Im on week 3 of a flare up and Im so aggravated. Took hyosciamine and it helped. Stopped taking it, cramping went away and I was doing much better for the past 5 days and then today it hit me hard again. Now Im on Librax and hopefully it will help. But I really understand how you feel. Sorry that youre going through this.

#3 Vic Murillo

Vic Murillo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

thats my story too I take  a diet , slowly improve  then  I screw it up eating  something frbidden  only because  I feel ok  and  wanted to test my  resistance but  next  day  I get a  flare  up  and  now  Im getting  flare ups even  when Im  having a  very strict  diet. and the   symptoms  are  lasting 4  days  and counting.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibsd, flare-up, diarrhea, ibs, cause, unknown, why, help, question, frustrated

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here