does stress trigger diarrhea? :( - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

does stress trigger diarrhea? :(

help diarrhea ibs-c

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fairynests

fairynests

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

Advertisement

hi, i've had IBS-C for as long as I could remember, and for a while it was manageable. i would take miralax every night before bed, and would have a bowel movement the next day (if everything was good and regular). however, the last three months i have been under HEAVY stress and my IBS is flaring constantly.

almost every other week i have painful cramps and end up having diarrhea that debilitates me for the next few days. my most recent flare up was this monday and it finished tuesday morning. the pain was so bad that i got dizzy and collapsed to the floor. it is now wednesday and im no longer having diarrhea or immense pain, but am still in mild discomfort. 

usually after episodes like these, i wait until i feel "normal" again, and get back on to my miralax. i usually have a week or so before another episode happens again, and the cycle continues. 

im tired, i dont know what to do. i can't really take medicine to stop the diarrhea because of my IBS, so i have to ride it out. i can understand catching a virus, but this is happening to frequent for me to be convinced its just a bug.

what do i do to help cope with the stress and hopefully prevent further diarrhea episodes? 

thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, diarrhea, ibs-c

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here