Tropical Sprue? - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Tropical Sprue?

Tropical Sprue gas diarrhea bloating

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cipher

cipher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

I am 29 years old male from India living in US, here is my story.

My symptoms started 8 years back when I first joined my work, I was getting frequent gas and urge to empty my bowel but I managed to use bathroom every single time (some days its like 7-8 times a day) without affecting my work but things were little worse when there was some meetings, the worst thing is that my intestine was making lot of noises even after using bathroom for several times and was worse again in quiet environment(I blame anxiety), the stool was not properly formed either.

Finally i fed up with my symptoms and decided to visit a gastroenterologist in India in 2013, my visits are as follows,

• on my first visit my doctor prescribed me some digestive enzymes tablets I guess?
  • on my second visit he performed USG lower abdomen and endoscopy and found nothing
  • on my third visit he performed colonoscopy and found nothing
  • he prescribed some probiotics and said everything is fine but its not

So I decided to change my doctor and visited another one, he said its all in my mind and asked me to check with psychiatrist to reduce my anxiety

Then I went and visited another doctor in early 2014, he performed tons of test including endoscopy and colonoscopy, he also found nothing and prescribed me the following,

• Racecadotril
  • Sachromyces Bouldri
  • Pantoprazole

I was feeling quite good for few days and then it started again, so I recently during Feb-2018 visited a doctor, he performed biopsy in my small intestine, stool test, USG and my blood culture.

my USG came as Fatty Liver but the doctor didn't bother about it.

In my tests, he found I was low on Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D and my biopsy results came as positive for Tropical Sprue, so he prescribed me the following

• Normaxin
  • Vit B12 shots
  • Folic Acid
  • Vit D 
  • Probiotic

by my symptoms are still the same as follows,

• 2-3 Bowel movements in morning ( not properly formed stool like bristol scale 6)
  • lots of gas and consistent urges
  • severe bloating after lunch
  • sometimes little white discharge when trying to defecate (very little and noticable only when wiping?)

Am not sure what my symptoms are and how to cure it but its very depressing and surviving everyday with these symptoms is like a miracle.

Someone please help

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tropical Sprue, gas, diarrhea, bloating

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here