Introductions (Advice requested) - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Introductions (Advice requested)

new digestive health concerns not diagnosed yet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kconafly

kconafly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:21 PM

Advertisement

Hello,

I'm new to this and I suspect I have IBS or something similar. Have not yet been diagnosed.

About me:  Obese, diabetic but controlled with medication, fairly sedentary job and lifestyle but trying to change that, ADHD, significant anxiety daily and occasional mild depression.

Had some scary stomach pains in recent months, bloating, a feeling like I had a fist right below my breast bone, fatigue, some tingling of my hands and feet from time to time, constipation and occasional diarrhea,  I grind my teeth and have most of my life, GERD,

On diabetes medication (not insulin) and taking generic prescription generic Prilosec, (and now an OTC Pepcid AC)

After some painful bouts of GERD and bloating I stopped drinking carbonated soda, my daily iced coffee, avoiding spicy and fatty foods most of the time, I also went on a largely gluten-free diet, using gluten free alternatives and avoiding gluten as much as possible, started eating smaller portions, etc. My GERD symptoms have improved.

I also had a colonoscopy and endoscopy performed recently.  To my surprise everything came back clear. No signs of cancer, ulcers, tested for celiacs, H. Pylori, and Barret's esophagus and all normal. 

I have reintroduced limited amounts a gluten into my diet without too much distress.  Still avoiding soda, and only occasionally having a coffee. With the Prilosec and Pepcid my GERD symptoms have diminished.

My current concerns:

I have bouts of constipation and occasional problems with diarrhea.  The constipation seems to be related to eating larger amounts of food, maybe (I eat when I'm stressed and bored).  I have post-nasal drip every morning that takes effort to clear out and sometimes causes dry heaving and gagging. (I saw a gastroenterologist a few years back and she attributed that to the GERD). 

I plan on seeing my PCP for a check-up soon.  What advice would you give me to help improve my symptoms of constipation, diarrhea, the post-nasal drip, and occasional stomach pain?

Thanks in advance

#2 Phata4

Phata4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:16 AM

Quick question, do you take any other medication? Like for ADHD?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, digestive health concerns, not diagnosed yet

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here