Drinking Water Shouldn't Be a Problem, Right? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Drinking Water Shouldn't Be a Problem, Right?

ibs cramps sore stomach water pain new symptom symptoms new question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ahues963

ahues963

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:33 AM

Advertisement

Hello everyone, I'm new to this group and I came here because I'm experiencing a symptom I can't seem to find any information on. I was diagnosed IBS-C about 2 years ago but its truly been a life long struggle (I'm 24 now). As I'm sure you all know new symptoms can pop up out of nowhere and its difficult to tell what's some facet of the IBS and what might be an actual unrelated issue. I've mostly been able to keep a handle on things through diet and exercise and learning to manage my anxiety and depression. Anyway, over the past week or so I've noticed that whenever I drink water I get this very uncomfortable cramping/soreness in my lower belly (mainly in the middle and left sides). It kinda feels like someone's putting just a little too much pressure on a fresh wound. I'm used to burping a lot from drinking water and maybe even a little coming back up if I'm nervous but never pain. Has anyone else experienced this or maybe knows what it could be? Anything would be helpful at this point, I'm so frustrated and I'd like to try to figure this out on my own before wasting even more money at the doctor's office. THANK YOU.smile.png

#2 Chazpro

Chazpro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:07 PM

I don't get the cramps but I do have to run to the toilet to pass mucus when I drink water. It sucks. :/

#3 Ninaa

Ninaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:24 PM

Hey, i've been diagnosed with IBS-C a month ago, life became a real struggle for me especially since i'm new to this and i don't know how to hundle things properly. I get bloated from drinking water but one thing i noticed is since i started adding a little bit of lemon juice in my water, i don't get bloated anymore, you should give it a try!

#4 Vic Murillo

Vic Murillo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 August 2018 - 05:16 PM

as  tip  ,  dont  drink  very  cold water.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, cramps, sore, stomach, water, pain, new symptom, symptoms, new, question

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here