Extreme anxiety and leaky gas at the dentist - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Extreme anxiety and leaky gas at the dentist

leaky gas nervous dentist rant

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lone_wolf777

lone_wolf777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:46 PM

Advertisement

So basically, I get diarrhea when I'm nervous.  And I get nervous every time I go to the dentist.  This is a killer combo for someone who suffers from leaky gas.  (which I would describe as gas related incontinence)  I'm pretty sure I'm their least favorite patient at this point.  Not that I blame her, but the hygienist doesn't even talk to me anymore.  I did however notice one of her coworkers try to sniff me as I left the office one day.  Good times.  I can't wait to go back next week for a cleaning.

Any thoughts or advice on my predicament?     

#2 feelinggross

feelinggross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:19 AM

I've found if everything's completely emptied out of my system I have significantly less gas incontinence. So I usually spend the day before big events starving myself and drinking only water unsure.png  really not healthy but it makes a big difference...

How did your dentist appt end up going?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leaky gas, nervous, dentist, rant

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here