My puzzle is solved, the whys and the hows - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

My puzzle is solved, the whys and the hows

Leaky gas Incontinence spotting bad smell rectal odor fecal odor

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mariano

Mariano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:13 PM

Advertisement

I can sleep better now, this two studys nail it, my problem and solution explained almost at perfection, also explain why and how "indirect" exercises can work if some nerve connection still is there, nothing more to add. The sns device is working PERFECTLY, I´m 100% sure that i closed the circle. What caused my nightmare was a life of straining since i have memory. I´m pretty sure that all this applies to many others here. 

The Syndrome of the Descending Perineum by Mr A G Parks, Mr N H Porter and Mr J Hardcastle 1966 (oldie but goldie)

http://journals.sage...591576605900601

This one explains why and how my sns implant does the job

Sacral nerve stimulation induces changes in the pelvic floor and rectum that improve continence and quality of life by Otto SD, Burmeister S, Buhr HJ, Kroesen A.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/20058096

And this is a resume of my history for users that don´t know me. I forgot to post there my most important diagnose: perineal descent grade III, sometimes i got confused on chats an i said pelvic descent, it´s perineal descent what is written on my diagnose, still, pelvic floor weakness. 

https://www.ibsgroup...-bad-smell-etc/

DON´T STRAIN, stay strong. 

• PokerFace likes this

#2 Lg2001

Lg2001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 02:55 AM

So what do we do to get better

#3 Mariano

Mariano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 12:29 PM

Investigate, never stop investigating, creating your own theories, etc. Don´t let doctors tell you things like it´s in your head or that you can do a normal life smelling bad, it´s impossible to have a good life smelling bad. If a doctor gets mad at you because you investigate by yourself send him to hell and never again visit him. My best doctors loved to discuss theories with me about my problem and never looked down on me.

If you think your problem might be perineal descent, pelvic floor descent, pelvic floor, weakness, etc. and already tried exercises without fully good results ask for sns implant, first you´ll do a trial of some days or weeks (depends on pathology, doctors, your own overall condition, etc)  with an external device. That trial is minimally invasive, painless, cheap and will tell you if it work or doesn´t work, no tricks. 

Remember that rectal prolapses of all types same as mucosal prolapses are mostly a symptom/result of perineal pelvic muscle/nerve problems. I had mucosal prolapse fixed without solving the smell, then an internal rectal prolapse, smell problem wasn´t solved either.

Again, the problem generating my smell was perineal descent grade iii and overall pelvic floor weakness, i solved all that and smell is gone. Doctors always tell you that continence is granted thanks to internal and external sphincters but they don´t mention the most important and strong one, the valvular mechanism at the end of the rectum which is granted by pelvic floor muscles, that one stop solids and fluids from reaching the anal canal.

• PokerFace likes this

#4 SilverFox123

SilverFox123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:43 AM

So are you fully cured now or Not?
I read some post from you where you Said you were cured already

#5 Mariano

Mariano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 11:28 AM

You didn´t read some details and some updates. Since May of this year with sns implant i had zero relapses which i suffered under special circumstances, period. 

#6 SilverFox123

SilverFox123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:03 PM

Great to hear, im happy for you

#7 Ghostringer

Ghostringer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:14 PM

I find interesting how everyones leaky gas is a result of different conditions? Did u do any sort of diet ?

#8 hopefulperson

hopefulperson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

Hey mariano if youre still around could you possibly tell me what type of doctor you went to that you discussed and scheduled the procedure with, I'm having a tough time finding what type of doctor covers this and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Leaky gas, Incontinence, spotting, bad smell, rectal odor, fecal odor

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here