Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

My puzzle is solved, the whys and the hows

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  hopefulperson 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I can sleep better now, this two studys nail it, my problem and solution explained almost at perfection, also explain why and how "indirect" exercises can work if some nerve connection still is there, nothing more to add. The sns device is working PERFECTLY, I´m 100% sure that i closed the circle. What caused my nightmare was a life of straining since i have memory. I´m pretty sure that all this applies to many others here.

The Syndrome of the Descending Perineum by Mr A G Parks, Mr N H Porter and Mr J Hardcastle 1966 (oldie but goldie)

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/003591576605900601

This one explains why and how my sns implant does the job

Sacral nerve stimulation induces changes in the pelvic floor and rectum that improve continence and quality of life by Otto SD, Burmeister S, Buhr HJ, Kroesen A.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20058096

And this is a resume of my history for users that don´t know me. I forgot to post there my most important diagnose: perineal descent grade III, sometimes i got confused on chats an i said pelvic descent, it´s perineal descent what is written on my diagnose, still, pelvic floor weakness.

https://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/topic/347985-how-i-cured-my-gas-incontinence-spotting-bad-smell-etc/

DON´T STRAIN, stay strong.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Investigate, never stop investigating, creating your own theories, etc. Don´t let doctors tell you things like it´s in your head or that you can do a normal life smelling bad, it´s impossible to have a good life smelling bad. If a doctor gets mad at you because you investigate by yourself send him to hell and never again visit him. My best doctors loved to discuss theories with me about my problem and never looked down on me.

If you think your problem might be perineal descent, pelvic floor descent, pelvic floor, weakness, etc. and already tried exercises without fully good results ask for sns implant, first you´ll do a trial of some days or weeks (depends on pathology, doctors, your own overall condition, etc) with an external device. That trial is minimally invasive, painless, cheap and will tell you if it work or doesn´t work, no tricks.

Remember that rectal prolapses of all types same as mucosal prolapses are mostly a symptom/result of perineal pelvic muscle/nerve problems. I had mucosal prolapse fixed without solving the smell, then an internal rectal prolapse, smell problem wasn´t solved either.

Again, the problem generating my smell was perineal descent grade iii and overall pelvic floor weakness, i solved all that and smell is gone. Doctors always tell you that continence is granted thanks to internal and external sphincters but they don´t mention the most important and strong one, the valvular mechanism at the end of the rectum which is granted by pelvic floor muscles, that one stop solids and fluids from reaching the anal canal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.