Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:28 PM
Hi, I just joined the forum and am a male 13 year old. Over the last two months, I've had various IBS-like symptoms spring up, some of which I had as far as I can remember. I don't have any official diagnosis of IBS, though.
Here they are, in order of how much they affect my life:
- A constant feeling of needing to have a bowel movement (tenesmus, I think it's called)
- This mainly bothers me because it's constant, but it isn't really a true urge (I can tell when I have a true urge to go). Pretty sure there isn't any related pain or anything, just the feeling. Also, I tend to worry about this symptom a lot because it's a sign of rectal cancer (yes, I know the odds are stacked far far far for me). It's somewhat worse when lying down, and has variable strength that might be related to BMs, but I'm not sure.
- Pain along with an urge to go
- I get this sometimes, usually once a day or every other day, but today it happened twice (both with much thinner stool than usual). The pain is very similar to when you get nervous before going on a thrill ride or something, or it can be a simple cramp, and it passes after the BM (sometimes it still happens during the BM and a few seconds after I'm done, but as it finally stops it stops for good). I've had this as far as I remember, but that was usually with cramps, now it's with a nervous pain.
- A bloated feeling
- Many days I will feel bloated, but not see much of a difference in the mirror. I can really only tell by judging the feeling and seeing whether or not pain happens when I lie down and collapse my abdomen.
- Really irregular timing
- The amount of times I go in a week is completely unrelated to anything as far as I can tell. Sometimes I'll go twice in a day (like today), other times I'll not go for two days. The actual stool is generally around the same consistency, but sometimes with some stringiness to it.
- Stringy stool
- Sometimes, parts of or the entire stool will look like a whole bunch of strings stuck together kind of.
- Thin stool
- Sometimes, my stool will be thinner, around 1.5 cm in thickness. Today, I had 2 BMs and they were both thin, which spike my anxiety (although the one I had yesterday was pretty normal in thickness except for one small piece which was flat. If this continues, I'll probably get very anxious about it.
My BMs generally aren't that different in consistency, besides the fairly common stringy poop and thin poop, unless I don't drink enough water.
Does this sound like IBS, or maybe IBS mixed with internal hemorrhoids even because the incomplete feeling tends to be from internal hemorrhoids from what I know and also because when I wipe, it feels bumpier than usual with more friction pain? Also, my low-level health anxiety of colorectal cancer could be causing these changes, I'm not sure and am pretty worried, actually.
Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:18 AM
Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:19 PM